Job Vacancy at Kinross Gold Corporation
POSITION: Technical Services Manager
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Lead the execution of the long-term strategy for technical services, ensuring alignment with the organization’s overall strategy. Formulate intermediate and short-term tactical plans to drive the execution of the strategic objectives and to maximize operational efficiencies and profitability. Develop the technical services team to increase team capability, improve customer delivery and stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
- Firstly, Develop practical designs, plans and solutions incorporating all technical aspects to ensure a safe, efficient and productive mining environment.
- Secondly, Coordinate the mine’s annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes and ensuring results are delivered to stakeholder’s expectations.
- Thirdly, Identify business risks and opportunities, develop short and long-term business and improvement outcomes
- Then, Oversee annual Mineral Resources and Reserves Statement reporting process and submissions.
- Also, Peer-review the works of technical functions, assess technical soundness, economics viability, fatal flaws, risks and opportunities.
- Moreover, Conduct due diligence and evaluate feasibility of mining new deposits, deposit extensions, changes in mining method and mine life extension strategies for the different ore deposits.
- Furthermore, Provide detailed oversight and risk assessment to annual strategic business plan preparation.
- Additionally, Provide effective leadership and technical support and guidance in the areas of Geotechnical Ventilation, Mine Planning, Survey and Geology.
- More so, Set performance targets and measures, monitors, and manages overall performance of the function and direct reports.
- Thereafter, Monitor key performance indicators, adapt and develop them as needed to achieve objectives
- Besides that, Ensure the quality control of ore mined and processed for budgetary purposes, particularly in terms of content and recovery of the resource.
- Most importantly, Develop and maintain mine plans, operating sequences and associated budgets
- Afterwards, Develop and implement best business practices and policies that align with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Last but not least, Ensure operations adherence to Mine Planning QA/QC process and carry out regular compliance to plan audits.
- Finally, Develop a highly functioning planning review process to ensure planning process performance is understood and improvements implemented. In conjunction with Operations, identify risks to plan obtainment and determine improvements required.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications Degree in a Mining or Geological Engineering discipline (preferably Masters level qualification).
- 10 to 15-years of progressive “hands on” technical and operational experience with a solid understanding of open pit and underground mine technical services.
- In-depth knowledge of underground mining systems and application, open Pit mining operations, planning & scheduling, geotechnical and related technical fields.
- Knowledge and expertise in 3D modelling software, associated methods and techniques for mine planning, mine design, engineering and geology functions.
- Mineral processing, metallurgical knowledge would be a plus.
- Good operating knowledge and interpretation skill of numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D and PHASE2
- Ability to use Whittle or similar pit optimization software at an advanced stage and/or significant experience in ore body modelling and resource modelling.
- Holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates is preferred.
- Must have good analytical and planning skills to establish and anticipate all technical challenges as they arise.
- Very competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent leadership, people management and interpersonal skills.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Closing Date : 25th July. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED