Job Vacancy at International Monetary Fund
The Monetary and Capital Markets Department (MCM) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is seeking an experienced expert to work as Resident Advisor in Financial Sector Supervision and Regulations to be based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Resident Advisor will be located in the Bank of Ghana (BoG) to support the central bank on an ongoing basis. The Advisor will not be expected to travel.
The Resident Advisor will assist the authorities in implementing an action plan to strengthen capacity in banking regulation and supervision, with special focus on the implementation by the BoG of important elements of Basel II and III.
The primary responsibilities will be:
- To begin with, Facilitating the implementation of Basel II and Basel III, including guidance on completing important elements of the framework such as SREP, ICAAP, large exposures, liquidity risk management, country risk and Pillar 3 (market discipline);
- Secondly, Helping the BoG integrate Pillar 2 (supervisory approach) of the Basel framework and consolidated supervision into a risk-based supervisory approach;
- Then, Training new staff and enhancing the skills of existing staff in banking supervision policies and supervisory practices, including by supporting onsite examinations;
- Also, Strengthening financial stability capabilities in analyzing and assessing risks to the financial system and assessing their impact on financial institutions, including through supervisory stress testing;
- Moreover, Coordinating activities, where appropriate, with MCM, the Resident Advisor on financial sector supervision at AFRITAC West II, other IMF staff, development partners, experts, and advisors appointed by other Capacity Development (CD) providers;
- Afterwards, Follow a results framework (logframe) to deliver the CD in line with the Fund’s Results-Based Management (RBM) framework.
- Finally, Discuss and agree with the country authorities on the outcomes and milestones expected from the CD.
The candidate should have at least seven (7) years of relevant experience in a financial sector supervisory agency and in-depth understanding of international standards for banking and experience of their implementation at a national level.
Other qualifications include:
- A graduate degree in economics, finance, accounting, or a related area;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a team, including other long-term and short-term experts; to maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities (including senior government officials) and development partners; and to handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- Lastly, Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
Compensation and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Applicants should be prepared to be resident in Ghana. The selected individual would initially be hired for one year (contractual), with possible extension of up to 3 years.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including gender, nationality, culture, and educational background.
Closing Date : 16th June. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED