- Company: International Community Schools
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra – Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Employment Start Date: February, 2020
Location: Kumasi & Accra
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
International Community Schools (ICS)-Ghana since its inception in 2000 has committed itself to educating and developing the young people entrusted in its care by our diverse community of families. Our values of hard work, respect for one another, child-friendly environment, and teamwork guide our daily processes. Our goal is to be a model International School where teachers, staff, students, and parents work together to create and foster an educational center of excellence.
We educate confident, responsible and engaged learners from Pre-school through to High school. Our students take the Cambridge International Exams, IGCSE and the AS/A Level Exams with impressive results. ICS alumni occupy prominent positions in business and public affairs worldwide.
The school seeks to recruit an IT Administrator who will be proficient in providing a streamlined operation of the ICT areas of the school in alignment with the School’s objectives. He/ She will have to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
The goal is to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The post holder will work in a team that will ensure safe operation and maintenance of a number of other technologies within the school.
Working directly with the ICT Lead Manager the post holder will be required to work with academics and other professionals to receive timely information, advice, guidance and support. The post holder will be required to coordinate a range of tasks and relationships where set procedures/ guidelines do not always apply.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems
- Experience in A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
- Proficient in database programming and software installation.
- Innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding computer services
- Excellent ability in paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
NOTE: Present portfolio of work, including print and digital samples. Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references, who will be contacted if shortlisted. Applications will be acknowledged within three working days of submission. Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. All appointments are subject to interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references. Submit queries, if any and your completed application to:
Date: 7th February, 2020.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED