Job Recruitment at Newmont Mining Corporation
ROLE: Chief Mine Engineer
Newmont Mining Corporation is a global leader in gold production, with significant properties in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations operates two gold mines in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine in the Brong-Ahafo area and the Akyem Mine in the Eastern region. Ghana is also focusing on near-mine exploration and development to replace gold reserves on an annual basis. In addition, Newmont Africa has early-stage exploration programs in Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa activities employ roughly 5,900 people, the vast majority of whom work at the Ahafo Mine. We provide an unrivaled combination of opportunity and professional fulfillment, as well as all of the advantages you would expect from a multinational corporation. This, paired with our possibilities for advancement, makes Newmont a terrific place to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made considerable long-term community development expenditures in their respective host communities. These include establishing Development Funds in our Akyem and Ahafo operations zones, with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax yearly profit to the fund.
Newmont, the sole gold business listed on the S&P 500 index, was the first gold company to be included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2007. Our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce, and providing value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders reflect Newmont’s industry-leading performance.
About The Position
Underground mining engineering and technical employees must be directed, and important and complex operating requirements must be coordinated with technical plans and operations.
In this position, you will
Production of Mining
- Reserves, mine designs, mining plans, ore control, project feasibility, and productivity studies must be prepared, reviewed, and evaluated.
- Ensure that the mining operations at the site are planned and scheduled in a way that maximizes the value of the resource while taking safety, business risk, and market demand into account.
- Supervise underground mine design and optimization, which includes development and shutdown.
- Develop a strategic plan for underground operations that maximizes financial results while meeting site goals and objectives.
- Coordination of site planning, as well as participation in regional and corporate planning.
Management of Technical Services
- Manage all Underground Mine Technical Service activities in order to meet safety goals.
Costs and production.
- Assist with staff development and serve as a mentor to junior mining engineers.
- Work with Mine Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Survey, and Technical Applications teams to coordinate their efforts.
- Create, manage, and organize a mining staff professional team.
Security, Health, and the Environment
- Ensure that underground safety objectives and requirements are met, and that the operation is in accordance with all applicable safety and environmental legislation.
- Participate in risk assessment and risk mitigation plans for the underground.
- Participate in and help to raise environmental and safety awareness.
- Ensure that possible hazards are identified and that necessary action is taken.
- Ensure that a high level of efficiency, safety, and effectiveness is maintained.
- Regular meetings should be used to raise, discuss, and resolve safety issues.
Financial Management and Planning
- Develop Underground production budgets and supply technical resources to meet or surpass those expenditures.
- Oversee short and long-term production planning, budgeting, cost analysis and control, and cutoff grades.
- To get the best financial results, manage Underground’s planning and budgeting efforts.
- Monitor the reconciliation of the block model to real production and the anticipated actual equipment requirements, and take remedial action as needed.
- Oversee production accounting, truck dispatching system administration, stockpile inventory accounting, mine equipment studies, blast pattern design, productivity analyses/improvement studies, technical data compilation, and analysis.
- Investigate technological advancements and provide strategic direction to mining operations on how and when to implement new technologies.
- Participate in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes, and practices while keeping global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction in mind.
- Drive the Mine Engineering Department’s safe, environmentally responsible, efficient, and cost-effective operation while cultivating an accountability and continuous improvement culture.
- To satisfy Newmont’s requirements, rules, and quality standards, prepare departmental statements and reports on time and accurately.
- Making statutory reports and statements.
Checklist of Your Education, Skills, and Experience
Formal Education (including Professional Registration):
- A bachelor’s degree in mining engineering is required.
- It is preferable to have a MINCOM Underground Mine Manager qualification.
- Underground mining experience of at least 12 years is required.
- Extensive experience at big mining sites in mine planning & design, mine scheduling, and mine operations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supervising multidisciplinary teams is required.
- A minimum of two years experience in underground mining operations such as blasting, drilling, hauling, and service crew work is preferred.
Technical/ Commercial Knowledge
- Ability to assess the fitness for purpose and operational readiness of both surface and underground infrastructure and facilities engineering designs.
- Capability to exhibit business acumen while providing and driving commercially astute initiatives and Value Engineering solutions for infrastructure projects.
- Use of specialized mine design software to visualize and communicate mine designs.
- Proven leadership and negotiation abilities.
- Advanced technical communication, interpersonal interaction, and presentation abilities.
- Capability to work efficiently with other departments.
- Communication on several levels.
- Concerned about safety.
- Shows initiative.
- Motivated by results.
- Detail-oriented and precise.
How to Apply for this Job Recruitment at Newmont Mining Corporation
Closing Date: 2nd October, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED