January 27th, 2023 at 09:03 am
Job Posting at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Position Title: Mechanic, FM
This job helps build and take care of buildings where Church members can work, worship, teach, learn, pray together, make and renew promises, and receive sacred ordinances. Each church building that is built or kept up should do two things: 1) Give members a spiritual place to worship, and 2) Give the community a sense of respect and dignity.
Maintenance is done on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment, as well as on plumbing, electrical, and sound systems, on a regular schedule or in an emergency. This stance:
Fixes motors, pumps, and small engines, as well as cabinets, millwork, sheetrock, flooring, locks, and hardware, in a moderate way.
Cleans the inside and takes care of the outside grounds.
- Service, repair, or replace HVAC and parts, plumbing and sprinkler systems, electrical systems, sound and electronic systems.
- Follows preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, motors, pumps, etc., to make sure the warranty is honored and to make sure the equipment lasts longer.
- Service, fix, or replace locks, hinges, millwork, sheetrock (minor), tile work (minor), wall coverings (minor), small paint jobs, motors, engines, and ground care equipment.
- Responsible for safety at work, including telling the Temple Facilities Manager about risks inside and outside the building.
- Attends training sessions to improve technical skills and meetings when asked to by the Temple Facilities Manager.
- Do other tasks as they are given.
- BSc/HND or four years of training as an apprentice in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, or plumbing, or four or more years of experience in a similar field
- Must be able to talk to people and write things down.
- Must know how to use computers and cell phones well. Must know how to use MS Office, department-specific software, web-based programs, Internet services, and wireless communications, and be able to do so.
Essential Physical Requirements
- You must be able to do the following things as part of your job:
- Items that weigh 50 pounds can be lifted, moved, or carried 20 feet.
- Move things that weigh 50 pounds 20 feet without any help from a machine.
- Use hand tools to fix equipment that needs 40 lbs. of body force.
- In an eight-hour day, you can climb a ladder 80 steps per hour to get into an attic, fix something high up, or change a light bulb.
- To get to all parts of the meetinghouse and grounds, you have to climb 180 stairs every day.
- Access mechanical equipment on roofs and be able to work at 30 foot heights.
- Kneel and reach 18 inches below the ground level 30 times a day. Squat and stand up 30 times a day.
- Access mechanical equipment in places where there isn’t much room to crawl.
- Sit for 4 hours a day and drive between places.
- In an eight-hour day, you stand for 2 hours straight and 7 hours total.
- Every day, you have to walk 4.0 miles to get to all parts of the meetinghouse and grounds.
- To troubleshoot, do preventive maintenance, and fix HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler, electrical, sound, and electronic systems, as well as to fix cabinets, mill work, and hardware, and to drive, you need near, far, depth, and color vision.
- Must know how to use chemicals and cleaning products for industrial cleaning in a safe way.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply for this Job at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Deadline: February 7, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED