Days for Girls is an award-winning NGO that works to shatter stigma and limitations associated with menstruation for improved health, education and livelihood outcomes.
In 2020, Days for Girls has reached more than 2 million women and girls in 144 countries on 6 continents with quality, sustainable menstrual care solutions and health education.
Days for Girls Ghana’s mission focuses on embedding solutions to challenges created by a lack of access to menstrual health management resources and reproductive health knowledge by partnering with local grassroots organizations and conducting comprehensive training and mentoring programs.
This mission is powered by our three-tier model offering locally made, high-quality washable menstrual hygiene kits, reproductive health education training, and women-led enterprise development.
Our current priorities include strengthening our manufacturing capacity, and cost efficiencies, supply chain, consistent evaluation, assessment, and refresher training of our manufacturing staff.
Our movement has reached more than 2 million girls – and counting in 2020 alone! With your help, we can reach Every Girl. Everywhere. Period.
Reporting To: Administrative Manager
Days for Girls Ghana is a small but rapidly growing organization. The Caretaker is responsible for taking care of our facilities and carrying out cleaning and maintenance duties. The office is also responsible for cooking daily for the staff .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cleaner is required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Supervising Officer, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification.
- Cleaning the entire office space and exterior environment.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points (daily)
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops (daily)
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops (daily)
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks (daily)
- Spot check kitchen area – wipe down surfaces and tidy the space
- Cooking delectable meals for staff
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cabinets, doors, air conditioning units, shelves and ceiling fans.
- To clean baths and showers
- Clean kitchen area inclusive of cookers and work surface areas.
- Remove cobwebs and hornets’ nest from interior and exterior of building
- To undertake inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within
- To clean sheets and bedding utilized by the DfGG guesthouse.
- Deep clean kitchen area inclusive of cookers, work surface areas, inside cabinets, appliances and refrigerator.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
The cleaner is expected to clean the following rooms:
- Entry area
- Training & Conference Room
- Production Room
- Packing Room
- The cleaner is not responsible for cleaning sewing equipment and related machinery.
- The cleaner is to clean the inventory room on a monthly basis.
- This office is environment friendly, please be mindful of the use of plastic trash bags, sachet packs and unnecessary waste of cleaning supplies to better our environment.
- We work both within MH and across related sectors such as Gender Equity (GBV + SRHR), Disability, Education, WASH, + Humanitarian Response.
How To Apply
Interested persons should send their cover letter, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED