Job Opening at Underground Mining Alliance Ltd
ROLE: Heavy Duty Fitter
About the company
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (also known as “UMA”) is a partnership between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International. UMA works on underground development and production for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
For the job of Heavy-Duty Fitter, UMA wants to hire someone who is qualified and has experience. This is a Fixed-Term Contract job based in Obuasi with a competitive work schedule at its Obuasi operation. For the right candidate, the compensation package includes a good salary and bonuses based on how well they do their job.
You will have a great chance to advance your career in underground mechanized mining while working with experienced industry professionals in a safe, fast-paced, and goal-oriented environment.
- Workshop jobs include taking care of a large underground mining fleet.
- Go to places underground and on the surface where machines are breaking down.
- Trucks, Bogger, IT, Jumbo, Sandvik production drills, Normet charmec, Agi Truck, and Spraymec machines are inspected to make sure they keep working well.
- Using schematics, manuals, and electronic testing equipment to figure out what’s wrong with mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Adjusting equipment so that it works at its best, finding problems, and replacing broken parts.
- Fixing and rebuilding worn and broken parts of equipment.
- Heavy-duty vehicles need to be serviced daily and at set times to keep them running well.
- Check the machines and organize the parts that are needed to fix them before they break down.
- Changing out and fixing major parts of buckets, engines, transmissions, and drivelines when they need it.
- Talking to other mechanics to share knowledge and experience can help everyone fix things right.
- Telling the supervisor about broken or broken-down equipment and things that need to be fixed.
Skills or Experience Required
- At least three years of experience operating Underground Haulage equipment in a mechanized hard rock mine, preferably underground.
- NVTI Part III or a diploma or degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized school.
- A certification from MINCOM as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic/Fitter will be a plus.
- Proven work experience in a mining environment as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Experience with Sandvik LH517I, LH621, LH517, and LH514 Boggers in underground mining tele-remote bogging is a plus.
- Must have a valid Ghanaian driver’s license and operating license (Classes C and E) and be able to drive underground.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team; must have strong work ethics and be able to talk to coworkers in a polite way; must be able to work under pressure and switch shifts; must have a basic understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Able to show the right amount of safety awareness
- A proactive approach to safety and figuring out where dangers are.
- Diesel engines and mining and construction equipment are well understood.
- Flexible and willing to help with a wide range of tasks and responsibilities
- If needed, they can work after hours.
- Good at talking to people.
How to Apply for this Job Opening at Underground Mining Alliance
After the interviews, the right candidates will be chosen based on their behavior, how well they fit with the organization, their ability to handle the complexity of the work, and their ability to create and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
If you want your application to be as successful as possible, please follow the rules below:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) should not be longer than four pages.
- Your CV must have information about your background, qualifications, work experience, and at least two references.
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of the original certificates and school records that are relevant.
Send your application, along with a detailed resume and proof of your qualifications, to email@example.com by the deadline date, which is before or on February 14, 2023.
Please note that we will only get in touch with those who make the shortlist.
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED