Job Opening at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
POSITION: Senior Manager
We collaborate with political leaders all over the world to drive change at the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change. We assist governments in making bold ideas a reality so that they can deliver for their citizens. That is, we do this by consulting on strategy, policy, and delivery and by using technology across all three. And by sharing what we learn on the ground, we can ensure that everyone benefits. We do it to make countries more open, inclusive, and affluent for people worldwide.
We are a worldwide team of approximately 800 changemakers working across five continents in more than 30 countries. Also, we are political strategists, policy experts, delivery specialists, and technological experts, among other things. We speak over 45 different languages. We are working on over 100 projects that address some of the world’s most pressing issues. At TBI, we’re all here to make a difference.
In an increasingly complex world, we feel that diversity of background and perspective is an asset. We take pleasure in having a culture that supports and nurtures diversity. We are committed to maximizing potential not only for the countries in which we work but also for each of our team members. No matter where you come from or who you are, if you believe in the transformative power of progressive politics, we ask you to join us in building a better future.
We urge early applications because we reserve the right, if necessary, to close this role before the announced deadline.
The Ghanaian government is at a crossroads as it attempts to reconcile resuming economic development in the midst of a global economic crisis with limited fiscal space within the recently authorized IMF facility. Also, the core of its growth goal is to improve and accelerate industrialisation, and agricultural transformation and to provide large-scale economic and employment prospects for youth. The government also aims to use digitization to legitimize the economy, expand the domestic tax revenue net, make conducting business easier, and speed its push toward a paperless public sector.
TBI is looking for a Senior Manager to oversee our Economic Prosperity advisory work with strategic economic Ministries in Ghana. The successful candidate will supervise a team providing the best of TBI to the government and will be an active member of the TBI Ghana Advisory leadership team, reporting to the Country Director.
In charge of leading and managing a high-performing TBI Ghana economic prosperity advisory team.
- Develop, build, and sustain strong working relationships with very senior government officials who are responsible for delivering on the government’s economic growth plan.
- Oversee the economic prosperity workstreams, ensuring that projects are results-oriented and deliver the impact outlined in the team’s Objectives and Key Results (OKR).
- Provide problem-solving coaching, guidance, and strategic direction to the team.fix delivery problems and remove bottlenecks
- To make an effect, manage team performance, delivery quality, and work methods.
- Contribute to the recruitment, retention, and motivation of a high-performing team that is a good fit for Ghana.
- Facilitate analysis, lessons learned, case studies, and/or policy papers as needed to support TBI fundraising, partnership, and communications activities.
Contribute to the country program’s strategic direction, including assuring performance and effect.
- Assist the Country Director with developing the strategic direction for the economic prosperity workstream, specifically the annual strategy setting and quarterly review process, taking the lead in workstream design based on TBI’s goal and approach in Ghana
- Identify and develop new prospects for strategic growth with counterparts and partners.
- With agreement from the Country Director, implement a strategic strategy to analyze project progress, consider alternative approaches, and re-set workstream objectives (within the OKR framework).
- Prepare status reports for important stakeholders, including government counterparts and TBI internal reporting, and develop efficient project communication plans.
- Assist the country team in conducting post-project evaluations to identify project features that are effective and those that may be improved.
- Use the aforementioned strategies to foster a culture of performance, development, teamwork, and continual learning within the Ghana team.
Contribute to the continued operation of TBI in Ghana.
- Deputize for the Country Director as needed, assisting in a variety of responsibilities such as operational management, dealing with HQ on reporting, approvals, and so on.
- Anticipate project risks and propose mitigation measures, such as financial, reputational, safety, and security measures.
- Collaborate with colleagues and undertake other duties as needed to meet the Ghana project’s and the Institute’s aims.
- Work as a key member of the Ghana leadership team, contributing to the team’s overall strategy, direction, and performance.
We seek an exceptional candidate with high levels of passion, drive, resilience, a can-do attitude, and the capacity to continuously accomplish outcomes in a fast-paced setting, as well as a demonstrated track record of leadership and delivery in the public or private sector.
The following requirements must be met:
- Experience in government advice, management consulting, public/civil services globally, finance, or international development is extensive
- The capacity to operate and engage at the highest levels of government, as well as good political acumen and the ability to build an understanding of top officials’ demands
- The capacity to think strategically, work autonomously, and translate strategies into actual, actionable plans
- Extensive experience as a people manager and a strong motivator of high-performing teams
- Subject matter expertise in any of the following areas will be advantageous: private investment facilitation, agricultural transformation, economic growth; international development experience in private sector development will be advantageous.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, as well as knowledge of strategic planning and project management tools
- A solid understanding of how to use technology to effect change and speed progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate alone as well as as part of a larger team
- Excellent communication, writing, and presenting abilities
- The ability to establish and maintain a safe and secure culture as well as a professional environment
- Strong ethical sense, prudence, and perseverance are essential.
- It is highly beneficial to have lived and worked in poor countries.
- English fluency is necessary, and knowledge of French is preferred.
How to Apply for this Job Opening at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
Closing Date: 24th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED