Job Opening at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Job Title: Management Control Auditor
Finance and Records employees work with management to ensure that controls are adequate to safeguard the assets of the Church against theft, unauthorized use, or waste, and to perform essential work in a simple and affordable way.
MCAs are to identify and fix complicated business problems. This requires a firm understanding of complex business processes and information technology systems and related controls. Thus, They are expected to be internal control and process experts who possess organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills.
They are also expected to exercise wise judgment. The MCA 1 is expected to be acquiring the skills and attributes of a competent department or area controller and help ensure the following: (1) risks related to the Church’s mission are addressed proactively; (2) adequate internal controls exist; (3) defalcations are reduced; (4) and their department/Area receives cleaner audit reports.
MCAs should not be “tied down” by operational matters to allow them, under the direction of the controller, to enable the controller to answer the following questions: (1) How well are the key internal controls functioning in your department/Area? (2) What are you doing to better enable the Church to accomplish its mission? The MCA 1 works with complex issues and/or functions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Firstly, Work with operational management to identify the most significant risks (both financial and non-financial) to the organization.
- Secondly, Work with the controls committee to prioritize these risks and develop plans to: (1) Monitor and report on key internal controls, and (2) Improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Thirdly, Work with operational management to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Moreover, In-depth ability to process map to support both an understanding of current process status and support improvement efforts such as systems implementations.
- Furthermore, Act as a project manager for process improvement projects, when appropriate.
- Then, At the direction of the controller perform investigations into sensitive matters that is performed in a professional and discrete manner.
- Finally, Communicate and present to senior financial and operational management in a professional manner.
The MCA 1 is expected to have extensive financial experience at responsible levels and be acquiring the skills and attributes of a competent department or area controller (Must have at least 8 years of related experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business field
- Has required industry certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or international equivalent.
- Has the ability to identify and fix complicated business problems.
- Has a firm understanding of complex business processes and information technology systems and related controls.
- Is acquiring expertise in reviewing, developing, or implementing internal controls and processes, similar to a department or area controller.
- Has organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills, and exercises wise judgment.
Church employees find joy and satisfaction in using their unique talents and abilities to further the Lord’s work. From the IT professional who develops an app that sends the gospel message worldwide, to the facilities manager who maintains our buildings— giving Church members places to worship, teach, learn, and receive sacred ordinances—our employees seek innovative ways to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with the world.
They are literally working in His kingdom. Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.
Closing Date : 5th December, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER AVAILABLE JOBS
- Job Vacancies at a luxurious hotel in the Madina Metropolis
- New Job Advertisement at Lumenis
- New Job Opportunity at INFUSEmedia
- Exciting Career Opportunity at ERM
- Sarpsolutions Ltd New Job Opportunities
- M.C. Systems Solutions Invites Job Applications
- Orica New Recruitment Opportunity
- JSI Research & Training Institute Latest Job Vacancy
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Invites Job Applications
- APPLY NOW|| U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Urgent Recruitment Notice
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED