December 12th, 2022 at 07:32 am
Job Opening at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Position Title: Logistics and Procurement Assistant
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society.
As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer (SCO), the Logistics/Procurement Assistant will support all Logistics/Procurement related activities in Ghana. Specifically, the Logistics/Procurement Assistant is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Firstly, Assist in the implementation, and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs, including organize and maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services.
- Secondly, Liaise with Logistics and Procurement coordinator regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Thirdly, Assist in collecting quotations, preparing bids analysis, processing Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders.
- Moreover, Identify vendors and participate in the evaluation of them against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery in respect of organizations’ best interests and donor mandates. Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation.
- Then, Assist Logistics and Procurement Coordinator to create Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Furthermore, Make sure to get a suitable delivery period.
- Also, Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Additionally, Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- More so, Ensure that the “Goods Receipt Notes” are acknowledged by the Requisitioned when the services/works are rendered and/or the goods are received.
- Thereafter, Submit with supporting documentation OIPA to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Afterwards, Conducting outdoor activities when necessary for checking prices, collecting bids, procuring with cash, handing over the commodities to the beneficiaries, etc.
- Finally, Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or
any other related fields with two years of relevant professional experience or;
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience.
- Interfaces across units and departments within IOM to extract relevant information.
- Communicates clearly and consistently.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish. For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written) and fluency in French is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Accra, Ghana on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply for this Job Opening at International Organization for Migration
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED