Job Opening at Food and Agriculture Organization
The FAO Investment Centre (CFI) provides investment and financing solutions to help agrifood systems become more efficient, sustainable, inclusive, and resilient. The FAO Investment Centre, which operates in over 120 countries, offers a comprehensive range of investment and financing services to FAO Members. To increase the quality and quantity of agrifood investment, it collaborates with governments, international and national finance organizations, the private sector and farmers, research institutions, and academia.
Support for strategic investment planning and policy, public investment, private investment, and creative financing are the four core areas of work for the Center. Programs that aim to share knowledge, learn, and develop capacities at the national level complement these. Please see the following link for more information about the FAO Investment Center, its operations, partners, and organizational structure.
The position is in the FAO Investment Centre (CFI) West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) and is based in Accra, Ghana, at the Regional Office for Africa (RAF).
Lines of Reporting
The Investment Support Officer reports to the FAO Investment Centre’s Chief, West and Central Africa Service (CFIE) and collaborates with the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Africa (RAF).
Some of the areas that need help are rural and agricultural development, economic and financial issues, market access, private sector development, sustainable natural resource management, land tenure, land administration, sustainable livestock management, agricultural services, and rural institutions. You can help plan, carry out, and review investment policies, strategies, programs, and projects in these areas.
As part of the FAO Strategic Framework, providing investment and finance support solutions by giving technical advice and helping to build capacity, working with country stakeholders and cooperating partners to make a big difference in the transformation of agrifood systems.
- Participates in, and eventually leads, multidisciplinary teams that assist governments in identifying and preparing investment and finance support initiatives in the fields of food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, and agro-processing, as well as participating in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Participates in, and eventually leads, interdisciplinary teams for implementation support and final evaluation of investment and financial support solutions.
- Provides technical knowledge in the establishment of national sector and/or sub-sector investment policies, plans, and programs for food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, and agro-processing studies and strategies.
- Promotes the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems through the participation of producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations, and governments.
- Formulates and implements capacity development initiatives for government staff, non-state actors, and private sector organizations in the fields of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, and agro-processing investment assistance.
- Prepares documentation in compliance with the needs of FAO, governments, and finance partners.
- Supports task organization, consultant selection, terms of reference preparation, and output quality assurance.
- Encourages international cooperation and collaboration, which leads to new investment opportunities and cooperative agreements; advocates best practices and effective policy discourse; and provides technical expertise at international events.
- Establishes, promotes, and maintains partnerships with relevant Programme Priority Areas, FAO technical units, and Decentralized Offices to guarantee the best possible synergies between investment, policy, and innovation activity in support of Members.
- Participates in resource mobilization initiatives as part of the FAO Corporate Strategy.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, agricultural economics, agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, agribusiness management, natural resource management, irrigation and drainage engineering, rural infrastructure engineering, social sciences, business administration, or a similar discipline is required.
- Have seven years of experience in the field of agricultural and rural sector/subsector analytical studies and/or planning, designing, and overseeing agricultural and rural investment operations, such as conducting feasibility studies and putting agricultural and rural investment operations into action in developing and/or transitional countries.
- Working understanding of French (proficient, level C) and minimal knowledge of English (intermediate, level B)
- Concentration on Results
- Building Strong Relationships
- Continuous Improvement and Knowledge Sharing
- Work experience in more than one location or field, especially in field positions.
- Experience in developing, implementing, supporting, or evaluating strategies, policies, studies, and investment programs in food security, agriculture, rural development, natural resource management, and agro-processing.
- Experience with participating in, and eventually leading, multidisciplinary teams for the development of strategies, sector studies, and investment programs.
- Extensive and relevant experience with FAO’s primary development partners, specifically the World Bank, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), and other partner International Financial Institutions.
- Knowledge of the backdrop, as well as of the individual subregion’s partners and institutions, would be advantageous.
- Experience engaging with government authorities, development partners, and other country stakeholders is required.
- Capability to write technical reports in French.
- A working knowledge of English (proficient, level C) would be advantageous.
How to Apply for this Job at Food and Agriculture Organization
Closing Date: 30th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED