Job Offer JSI Research & Training Institute
ROLE: Communications Consultant, USAID Advancing Nutrition Ghana
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a US-based not-for-profit organization that specializes in public health. Over the past 30 years, JSI has offered technical help in a variety of technical fields to health programs in over 106 countries.
- Consultant for communications at USAID Advancing Nutrition in Ghana
- Job Type: Five (5) Months, Short-Term
- Tamale is the location of the job, with occasional travel to project locations as needed.
- Reporting: The Chief of Party for the Project will receive reports from the Communications Consultant.
The main multi-sectoral nutrition initiative for USAID is called USAID Advancing Nutrition, and it is run by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) and a variety of knowledgeable partners. Launched in September 2018, USAID Advancing Nutrition carries out nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines and offers technical support to USAID and its partners. With a multi-sectoral approach, the project develops, puts into action, and assesses programs that target the underlying causes of malnutrition.
By fostering local capacity, encouraging behavior change, and bolstering the supportive environment, USAID Advancing Nutrition, which is dedicated to using a systems approach, aims to sustain positive outcomes in order to save lives, enhance health, foster resilience, boost economic productivity, and advance development. In order to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to enhance the equitable delivery of high-quality services that support household resilience and early childhood growth and development, USAID Advancing Nutrition has been offering technical support and evaluation services from 2020 to 2023.
The technical assistance offered by USAID Advancing Nutrition will improve national and local planning in Northern Ghana and encourage the creation of multisectoral solutions to the country’s most urgent food security and nutrition issues. The portfolio will include initiatives supported by both the USAID Ghana Mission and USAID/Washington.
The Communication Consultant is a crucial member of the USAID Advancing Nutrition Ghana team and is responsible for all communication-related responsibilities to make sure that information is effectively presented and available to all relevant parties.
Scope of Work
- Deliver technical assistance to national and subnational government organizations to develop and implement successful communication strategies to encourage multi-sectoral planning and implementation for food security and nutrition in cooperation with the USAID Advancing Nutrition technical staff.
- In charge of overseeing the creation, evaluation, and distribution of knowledge management and communication materials for distribution to target audiences, ensuring adherence to the project’s approved branding and marking specifications and graphic standards.
- Work with others to draft quarterly, annual, and other ad hoc reports on project activities, making sure that each report complies with the specifications for project branding and marking.
- Then, Help the project’s staff and other interested parties plan and host public learning events at the national and regional levels (including in the target districts) to share program learning and advance knowledge of nutrition in multi-sectoral programming.
- Manage the project’s media relations and communications, and assist Regional Coordinating Councils and Districts in doing so.
- Work together with the technical staff of USAID Advancing Nutrition and the MEL Specialist to create success stories and record lessons learned using a human-interest approach supported by project data.
- Using photographs and videos of the project’s recipients, staff members, and partners, document the program’s impact.
- required knowledge or expertise
- Minimum A master’s degree in communication, development communications, development studies, social science, project management, or a closely related field is required, as well as a minimum of seven (7) years of steadily increasing responsibility in the workplace.
- prior experience as a communications specialist for a project sponsored by USAID
- Experience leading knowledge-sharing sessions for NGOs, donors, and representatives of the national and subnational governments.
- Must be familiar with the Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint, Graphics, and picture and video editing software.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills, as well as good presentational abilities.
Preferred Experience or Skills
- News writing, photography, and videography expertise are plusses.
- Experience assisting with USAID initiatives, CSOs, and local and subnational governments
How to Apply for this Job Offer JSI Research & Training Institute
- Please send a technical and financial proposal to email@example.com by April 30, 2023, at 11:59 GMT, if you are interested in applying.
- Applications will be evaluated continuously. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- Calls or walk-ins won’t be accepted.
- JSI is an employer that values diversity. All suitably competent people are encouraged to apply.
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED