ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Tebereble and iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
AngloGold Ashanti (iduapriem) Limited (AAIL) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the role of Chief Mining Engineer.
To coordinate all mine engineering activities, review documentation and provide technical input and support as and when required.
• Improve and standardize the current mine planning methods, introducing and developing modern systems and methods to minimize risk, maximize efficiency and improve safety
• Review and assess the current and proposed mine planning methods, systems, and output of short, medium, and long-term plans.
• Strengthen the mine engineering function by introducing and establishing an agreed annual planning cycle for the preparation and review of five years (5) plan and action programmes
• Establish and standardize detailed planning and progress reports on an agreed time basis clearly defining actual progress compared to plan and any resultant consequences.
Improve the mine plans and layouts, based on international best practices to increase the efficiency of extraction, minimize risk, and improve safety, including identifying and assessing efficiency schemes and projects.
Thoroughly review and assess the current methods and systems that are used to determine the geological exploration programme. Enhance the exploration programme to minimize geological risk and give security to the laying out of future workings
Manage Short and Long-term mine plans in order to maintain the essential link between long-term mine plans and short-term planning.
Support and ensure compliance with Operational Excellence at Iduapriem Mine
• Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or its equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
A minimum of 10 years of work experience in open-pit hard rock gold mining of which at least 3 years must be in a management capacity in the mining industry,
• Must Must have project management experience in surface mine operations Planning of work (civil and mechanical).
• Strong analytical, communication, and modeling skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines with quality of work as a priority, proven international experience, and ability to influence and work across various cultures.
• Certified by Inspectorate Division of the Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Mining Engineer with at least a MINE Superintendent’s Certificate of Competence,
Medical fitness for the position as well as the environment.
Possess valid Ghanaian Driving Licence and ability to drive Light Vehicle
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons are to email their cover letters and curriculum vitae with the subject line CHIEF MINING ENGINEER to [email protected] not later than Monday, 27 July 2020.
- Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview
- AAIL is an equal opportunity employer
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED