Jhpiego Job Vacancy Announcement
A job vacancy for Director of Programs is available for interested and qualified candidates at Jhpiego.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, the organization has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
- Job Title: Director of Programs
- Duration: 12 months
- Job Location: Accra
- Reports to: Country Director
- Closing date: September 10, 2022
RISE is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and USAID—that works with countries to achieve a shared vision of attaining and maintaining epidemic control, with stronger local partners capable of managing and achieving results through sustainable, self-reliant and resilient health systems.
The project is led by Jhpiego with the following partners: ICAP at Columbia University, Management Sciences for Health, Anova, BAO Systems, Johns Hopkins University Centre for Public Health and Human Rights, and Mann Global Health.
With funding from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), RISE is working in selected countries, including Ghana, to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
In line with the ministry of health priorities, the project is planning to roll out national vaccination plans, including ensuring health care workers are prepared to implement and monitor this plan; providing focused and clinically relevant capacity building for clinicians providing COVID-19 case management.
The position will operate under the leadership of the RISE Project Director and Jhpiego’s Country Director in collaboration with the project team and partners, the position will support the coordinated and comprehensive program management support across global COVID-19 response efforts.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure the programmatic and financial integrity of RISE and to achieve rapid and sustained project goals, objectives, and targets
- Provide overall operations oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with the core team, implementing partners, and government entities
- Work with the team to ensure that the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and responsive to the needs of the government of Ghana, its people, and donors
- Collaborate with Ghana Health Service (GHS) staff to strengthen quality improvement and supervision systems for COVID-19 response efforts
- Work closely with the core team to ensure effective, timely, and coordinated project implementation
- Ensure compliance with USAID operational policies and regulations
- In collaboration with the project program and finance team, develop a project work plan and budget and ensure performance indicators and targets are met, as well as timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines.
- Work with Strategic Information (SI) staff to develop M&E frameworks and effectively track data/results
- Contribute to the development of programmatic reports and monthly progress updates for the project
Alternative Job Vacancies
- Solidaridad Job Vacancy Announcement
- Eni Ghana Exploration & Production Limited Job Advertisement
- Employment Opportunity at Bank of Ghana
- Assist the core team with the production and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of donor resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with donor standards
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments
- Maintain excellent relationships with donor and in-country stakeholders
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to develop the project strategic plan, work plan, and project monitoring, in close collaboration with the Government of Ghana, donors, and other key stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and compliance with the requirements and regulations of the award
- Work closely with Jhpiego & RISE Ghana and Jhpiego headquarters staff to ensure effective, timely, and coordinated project implementation
- Mentor, support, supervise and manage a team of highly qualified staff and align their efforts to ensure rapid and sustainable results
Qualification And Experience
- You have an advanced clinical degree, or a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in managing or implementing USAID projects of similar scope, preferably in Africa.
- You have at least seven years of supervision experience.
- Experience and technical knowledge in infectious disease programming.
- Ability to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors.
- Strong skills and experience in all aspects of program cycle management – design and development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You have demonstrated experience working with the host country’s government.
- You are fluent in English.
- References will be required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified persons are should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: [email protected]
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date for submission of the application should be on or before the 10th of September 2022.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED