Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego Corporation in Ghana has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for the past 40 years in a variety of technical areas including cervical cancer treatment and prevention, community health, HIV and AIDS, maternal and newborn health, health workforce capacity development (both pre-service and in-service), family planning, malaria, and IPC/WASH.
As the leading global partner for the Momentum Country and Global Leadership program (MCGL), funded by USAID, Jhpiego and consortium partners are preparing for a series of activities in Ghana. MOMENTUM is a suite of USAID projects that aims to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child mortality and morbidity in high-burden countries by increasing host country commitment and capacity to provide high-quality, integrated health care.
The Team is currently looking for dynamic individuals to fill the following positions: MER Officer (6 months, based in Accra)
Reporting to the MER Adviser, with dotted reporting line to the Clinical Care Specialist, the MER Officer is to provide technical guidance and support for several Clinical Care and Critical Care activities/projects. He or she will be responsible for ensuring technical and monitoring rigor in the planning and scaled execution of Clinical Care and Critical Care being implemented. Additionally, liaising with GoG staff, other partners and donors regarding technical strategy, monitoring and evaluation of project milestones and targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with program teams to implement monitoring strategies and action plans to ensure continued monitoring of program achievement against targets
- Support teams to implement appropriate systems and tools to conduct monitoring activities
- In collaboration with program staff and counterparts, support implementation of M&E
- strategies and framework
- Ensure data collection and evaluation tools are implemented with fidelity and consistency
- Implement data quality improvement protocol, systems and tools as required by the project
- Support the implementation of data management systems for each project with clear tools, processes and roles and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to IRB and ethics guidance in all evaluation and research
- Participate in analysis of data (e.g. routine data, evaluation results or learning activities) and regular review process against indictors and performance monitoring plan
- Contribute to program reporting and related documentation needs for assigned technical areas
- Other duties as assigned which contribute to realization of the program deliverables.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (masters or other advanced degree preferred) in public health, operational
- research, epidemiology, statistics or related social science, with four years of applied skills in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities
- Previous experience in assessment and support to strategic information/HMIS
- Previous experience providing M&E expertise on donor funded programs is advantageous
• Familiarity with Ghana health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
• Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
• Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
• Excellent writing and communications skills including analytical skills and experience to identify, evaluate and document best practices
• Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible and dependable
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation districts, regions and health facilities
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: [email protected]
• Deadline for the submission of applications: February 26, 2021.
• Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED