The Jeroen Ensink Memorial scholarship is offered to students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in developing countries and wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development course.
Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for a scholarship under this fund, applicants must:
- have been accepted onto the 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Development course; and
- have demonstrated a commitment to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene); and
- be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
Applicants must meet the LSHTM’s minimum English language proficiency requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
Value of Scholarship
One scholarship is available to applicants for 2021-22 MSc Public Health for Development programme. This full-time one-year studentship covers:
- full-time overseas tuition fees for 2021-22 (including the mandatory field trip fee); and
- flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return on expiry of the scholarship (to be booked by the Scholarships team in LSHTM Registry); and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
- The MSc Public Health for Development Programme Directors will assess all applications for study/admission for suitability for the course. Successful applications (i.e. those with applicants who will be made an offer of admission) will be considered for the Jeroen Ensink Memorial Scholarship.
- The short-listing and final selection for the scholarship will be made by a scholarships panel. If deemed necessary, the panel may request a short telephone interview with prospective candidates as part of the selection process.
- Applicants should be aware that their application for this scholarship award may be considered alongside the documents submitted for their application to the MSc Public Health for Development programme.
- All applications will only be reviewed and processed after the deadline. All applications that are submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of submission date.
- All decisions taken by the committee will be final and there is no provision for appeal.
- Decisions will be reached, and the successful applicant and short-listed reserve candidates will be notified, before 31 May 2021.
How to Apply for Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship
Applicants should follow both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (BST) on Tuesday 30 March 2021.
Submit an online scholarships application, selecting the ‘2021-22 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship’ option from the drop-down menu.
As part of this application applicants must upload a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a statement of motivation of no more than 1,000 words. The statement of motivation should address the following: a brief biography of your life and career, clarifying your commitment to WASH, and your reasons for choosing the MSc Public Health for Development, and your future plans and ambitions in the field of public health.
Applicants must submit both CV and the statement of motivation with their scholarship application to be considered for this funding, even though they may have already submitted a statement with their application for admission. Applicants may choose to tailor this statement for the funding (and therefore submit something different to their standard MSc programme application statement).
Application Deadline: 30th March 2021 by 23:59 (BST)
For more information, visit the Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED