Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, IT equipment.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk to users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
• Rapidly establish a good working relationship with users and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Competencies/Skills Required
- Minimum high school graduate with a certification in computer networking and hardware. Microsoft / CISCO/ Oracle or any other relevant certifications shall be added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in the field of IT support function, preferably in refinery/terminal environment is desirable.
- Computer networks – responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the computers, LAN, WAN, Communication systems
- Desktop support – direct user assistance
- Hardware maintenance – to maintain and repair computer hardware, computer peripherals such as printers/ scanners, LAN/ WAN hardware etc.
- Software applications – Software applications such as Windows, MS Office, ERDMS software of NPA, any other software applications used in the Oil Terminals.
- Ability to think logically
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to work well in a team
- Problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to prioritise your workload
- Attention to detail.
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to work at Tema Oil Terminal, please send a cover letter and a CV with the Position as the subject to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 22 November, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED