The IT Director, Operation/Infrastructure will manage and provide oversight of the technical change management process while managing risk; maintain an understanding of industry and technology trends and how they may impact business operations; develop or approve IT cloud, security, and other applicable architectures along with supporting functional and technical documentation; research new technology and develop business cases to support company and enterprise-wide initiatives; maintain responsibility for developing and implementing non-disruptive integration plans and increasing acquisition readiness; create and manage review processes and deliver projects and continuous improvement initiatives across all infrastructure-related solutions and services; and, attract, develop, lead, and retain high caliber IT talent that accomplishes superior results.
Essential Responsibilities and Job Duties
• Oversee all technology operations (e.g. data center, server and physical infrastructure, network and security operations, data storage and disaster recovery) and evaluate them according to established goals
• Managing the compliance and testing of the IT General Controls and frameworks, such as COBIT, ITIL, SOX, HIPPA, ISO, NIST, and EUGDPR.
• Successful delivery and commitments of project milestones, timelines, and SLA’s agreed upon by upper management.
• Maintaining and expanding the SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for hardware, software, storage.
• Identifying and eliminating security vulnerabilities with testing and strategic solutions that increase data security.
• Compile and enforce IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
• Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
• Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software.
• Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
• Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
• Coordinate with IT managers, G&G computing requirements, and other professionals to provide guidance and oversight.
• Control budget and report on expenditures, forecasting future capital expenditures.
• Providing effective leadership in building relationships with vendors, auditors, internal business representatives, and team members.
• Handle other projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Minimum of 5-10 years of proven experience as IT Operation Director or similar role; oil and gas industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field required.
• Master’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant field preferred.
• Current understanding and experience with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, PCAOB Standards, and other relevant guidance issued regarding Section 404.
• Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
• Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, etc.
• Experience in controlling information technology budget.
• Experience in managing small teams in a matrix organization required.
• Original, creative thinker with the ability to formulate and express a contrarian viewpoint. • Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resumes to [email protected]
We will contact you if we believe that your skills and experience potentially match your requested role requirements.
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED