ISLAMIC SHS CLASHES WITH GHANA POLICE
THE EVENT THAT LED TO THE CLASH
The Islamic SHS is a school along the Abrepo Road in Kumase, Ashanti Region. The event that led to the clash between the above-named school and the Ghana Police is reported like this: On the 13th of June, students from the above-named school gathered with the purpose of denouncing the frequent Road accidents happening in the vicinity of the school.
Their demonstration was a call for the governing to work on the construction of speed bumps on that section of the road where accidents usually occurred.
FURTHER CONCERNS ON THE ISSUE
Furthermore, in a bid to disperse the student protesters and maintain law and order, the Ghana police force was deployed. As student protesters failed to adhere to warnings from the police, the police then released tear guns which lead to several injuries.
Some of the students, about 25 of them, unfortunately, inhaled the tear gas and had to be rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital. This is because some sustained severe injuries. The students are currently receiving medical care and some have already been brought home safely.
In addition to that, a spokesperson of the Ghana Education service, Eric Opoku Mensah, also reported that the situation was under control.
He further stated, “We have spoken to parents to remain calm. We have given them the assurance that any student found in the school as well as they are being protected. We are also ensuring that those that were taken to the hospital are safe- some have been brought back. “ Concerning the roads, Mr. Mensah said this, “ We will engage the Urban Roads Directorate to ensure that some markings are done on the road immediately. Again, we need to advise our drivers who ply this road to be cautious when getting to a school junction.”
The IGP, Dr. Dampare, and his team also visited the scene to assess the incident, and also went to the hospital to talk to some of the students who were injured. Further investigation into the incident has commenced, and we wait for the Ghana Police to communicate the further development to the public.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED