IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Position Title: Project Manager
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage the project’s implementation in a timely manner, overseeing its financial,
administrative, and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
2. Ensure proper coordination in the Region with other projects funded within the framework of the European Union Trust Fund in terms of reintegration approach, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, data collection, and information elaboration.
3. Monitor project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness and recommending appropriate action.
4. Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants, implementing partners and service providers recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
5. Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities and with the European Delegation, other implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders.
6. Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all
operational aspects of the project between IOM, the EU, and other stakeholders.
7. Identify complementary activities to enhance the impact of the Joint Initiative interventions and identify new project possibilities in the country on AVRR, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities, and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
8. Ensure synergies with other IOM Ghana projects on return/repatriation and reintegration and contribute to effective coordination with other local and international actors involved in this area
9. Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at
promoting IOM’s image and activities.
10. Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in project management, including managing Migrant Assistance and
Return/Reintegration projects with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization;
• Experience implementing similar projects in Sub-Saharan countries is preferred.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations, and private sector entities.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
HOW TO APPLY
29th July 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED