- Company: INZAG
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction / Real Estate Jobs in Ghana
INZAG is a construction company founded in 2011, that aims to support the development of high-growth countries in Africa, through projects focused on infrastructure, water & sanitation, transportation and energy.
For our Ghana Branch in Accra we are looking for a full-time
Environmental & Social Specialist
• You will undertake environmental and social appraisal of proposed projects and assess them in terms of environmental and social risks.
• You will guide the formulation of appropriate mitigation measures and monitor their implementation during project construction and the operational stage.
• You will work closely with the project management and are involved with our partners, clients, consultants and local authorities.
• Whenever there is a need to improve our current environmental and social policy as well as assessment standards and procedures, you will contribute to developing them further.
• You will actively participate in the professional debate at a national and international level.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in natural or social sciences, ideally majoring in environmental and resource protection or a comparable qualification in environmental planning
• Familiar with Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA), Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS), Stakeholder Engagement Plan and Mitigation Hierarchy
• Several years of relevant international experience both in the analysis and assessment of environmental and social risks and impacts, preparation of ESIAs and ESDDs, both internationally and in an EU context
• Broad ESIA/ESDD experience, ideally profound experience in managing risks and impacts in one or more of the following specialty fields: biodiversity, resettlement, indigenous people and cultural heritage
• Proven experience in applying the standards and evaluation benchmarks of the World Bank Group (World Bank Safeguards, IFC Performance Standards, EHS Guidelines), the EU and the Equator Principles
• Fluent English and preferably excellent proficiency in another language (e.g. German, French, Spanish and/or Portuguese)
• Willingness to travel abroad to developing and emerging countries
• Pronounced ability to analyse, cooperate and be assertive, coupled with a willingness to get involved in new and diverse topics
Contact person: Daniel Fernandes
Have any questions? Let us know via e-mail.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you the right person for us? Then we look forward to receiving your application with your CV at [email protected]
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED