International Water Management Institute jobs for field Researchers
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a Researcher who will lead and undertake research for development on sustainable and resilient food production systems in Ghana and West Africa using approaches that combine the technical understanding of water management and farming systems in a changing climate. The person will provide scientific leadership for their area of work, negotiate with potential partners and donors, apply good project management practices and disseminate research results to target audiences, while contributing expertise across other projects on key research topics related to irrigation and agricultural water management. The person will be based at IWMI’s regional office for West Africa in Accra, Ghana.
Job Title: Researcher – Agricultural Water Solutions
You will be responsible for:
- Support the co-design process for a smart digital scaling solution for farmer-led irrigation development (FLID) in collaboration with private sector parties.
- Develop technical and promotional content for digital scaling solutions, including extension materials for FLID.
- Contribute to the evaluation and improvement of the digital app through surveys and stakeholder engagement.
- Contribute to the implementation of a scaling out approach in Ghana and the development of a scaling up strategy jointly with the private sector.
- Carry out innovative research on climate-smart water solutions for small-scale farmers.
- Evaluate new approaches and tools that improve water productivity in small-scale farmers’ fields.
- Contribute to evaluating the use of surface water and groundwater resources for sustainable irrigation development.
- Initiate, develop and sustain collaboration with research, and public and private sector partners that are active in the irrigation sector in Ghana.
- Prepare research reports, scientific publications, policy briefs, and extension materials for dissemination and uptake of research outputs.
You will possess:
- a PhD or MSc in Agricultural Water Management, Irrigation Management, Irrigation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Bioengineering, or a related discipline.
- PhD research experience or at least 7 years of post-MSc professional experience in the field of agricultural water management and irrigation in Ghana.
- Experience in developing smart information and communication technologies (ICT) or other low-cost solutions for scaling irrigation among small-scale farmers.
- Proven experience in the use of statistical software and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in working with research and private sector partners from multiple disciplines.
- A good understanding of the small-scale irrigation sector in West Africa, including affordable/scalable technologies, FLID, the private sector, and digital solutions.
- Familiarity with agricultural extension and scaling of irrigation among small-scale farmers through digital solutions (apps, videos, etc.).
- Ability to be a great team player with good communication and organizational skills.
- A good track record of relevant publications, whether scientific, manuals, or other extension materials.
- Possess the drive to innovate and transform the way we think about water use in smallholder agricultural systems.
- Familiarity with water management and agricultural development issues in Ghana.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Ghanaian language skills.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (GMT) on April 20, 2022 (Wednesday).
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
- Bunge Latest Job Recruitment
- Panacea Pharmaceuticals Ltd Latest Jobs
- APPLY NOW|| Creative Associates Job Recruitment
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Standard Chartered Jobs April 2022 Opening
- Digitalization job recruitment opened
- APPLY NOW|| INFUSEmedia Latest Job Openings
- Sulzer Pumps US Inc Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED