The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) seeks to recruit the following professionals under the Black Soldier Fly (BSF) Project:
- The Communications Officer will coordinate the promotion of the public image of activities under the BSF Project, which may include the publication of news and press releases, brochures and/or related materials, and other communications materials.
- Manage sponsor reporting including project proposals, interim updates, and final reports
- Manage the production of regular reporting including the annual report, newsletters, updates as well as any ad hoc report as required
- Implement the Project’s communications strategic plan
- Design flyers, brochures, profiles, infographics, advertisements, calendars, logos, and any other graphics as needed
- Review and refine existing communication channels and strategize and implement new channels and marketing campaigns to broaden the support network and effectiveness
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the website blog
- Drive vehicles within and outside Ghana to convey project staff, collaborators and visitors.
- Drive researchers to the field on research trips
- Help with field activities including administration of questionnaire and on-farm data collection
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Liaise with the administration to ensure that vehicle documents (local and international) are valid and up to date.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Work with the PM to generate and submit all required outputs in collaboration with Finance Office and PDAU
- Work with PDAU (Grants Finance Manager) and project account officer for timely and proper disbursement of funds to National Agricultural Research partners
- Communicate regularly with BSF budget holders on the status of their financial position and reporting, including MEL inputs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on any of the positions above to read more and apply.
CLOSING DATE: January 22, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED