The Position/Job Description
The Internal Auditor Is the head of the College’s Internal Audit Unit and provides independent, objective and consulting serves designed to add value and Improve the College’s operations.
He/she also provides a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes of the College.
The Internal Auditor shall:
- Ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective internal financial control system;
- Vet all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements;
- Assess the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguard losses;
- Monitor and ensure that expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions; – Liaise with the External Auditors to ensure that appropriate actions are taken on reported audit findings;
- Draw the attention of the Principal and the Finance Officer to deficiencies in the system with recommendation for remedies; and
- Discharge any other assignments that the Principal shall deem necessary in consultation with the Chairman of the College Council.
Applicants for the position must
- Hold a good first degree and a master’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Have a professional qualification in the relevant fields and be a member of a relevant professional body, as well as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor In a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four 141 years;
- Have strong intellect, be analytical, critical, result.orlented, Innovative and visionary;
- Have proven emotional stability and Integrity;
- Possess strong I.T. skills and familiar with financial management framework
- fie able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
- Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty
HOW TO APPLY
For the Position of the Principal applicants should attached a two-page vision statement. All applicants should add updated soft and hard copies of Curriculum Vitae,
Application Letter, Names and addresses of three (3) copies of sealed recommendation letters anti Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address it to [email protected] and post a copy to:
C/O PEKI COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 14
PEKI AVETILE, V/R
All applications should reach the above address at or before 3:00 pm on Thursday, 9th April. 2020.