Inter-Country Cooperation Analyst, Policy and Strategy Division
The Inter-Country Cooperation Analyst position is part of the UNFPA Young Professionals from Africa and of African Descent program. Also, The program is open to qualified candidates who are 32 years of age or younger in 2022, who self-identify as a person of African descent or are a national of an African country. The program is intended to provide on-the-job training for young professionals who wish to obtain practical experience in international development. Likewise, Have the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the organization.
This job provides significant professional development opportunities as the person will help the UNFPA team promote inter-country partnerships between Africa and other parts of the world. Thus, These types of partnerships provide resources, knowledge and political support that benefit participating countries in advancing their development goals. In effect, the participant will experience firsthand South-South Cooperation, collaboration among developing countries and a key UN tool in international development.
You will report directly to the Chief of the Inter-Country Cooperation Office.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA. It focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Consequently, Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on womens and girls.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards. Also, who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources. Thus, Entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
This job exists in the Inter-Country Cooperation Office, of the Policy and Strategy Division of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) headquarters in New York, USA.
The incumbent will bring their knowledge and skills to bear in deploying SSTC throughout the organization. Thus, contributing to the achievement of UNFPA’s development goals, both at the organizational as well as field levels. He/she will be further encouraged to contribute innovative and efficient solutions to internal SSTC processes and systems. In this manner, the incumbent will play an important role in dissecting UNFPA SSTC experience and identifying opportunities to take it to the next level.
Qualifications and Experience
- To begin with, Advanced university degree in social sciences, international development or related fields.
- Then, At least 2 years of professional experience with relevance to development. Prior experience in developing countries is an asset.
- Also, Familiarity with the UN system and its work.
- Besides that, Fluency in English. Knowledge of other working languages of the UN is an asset.
- Afterwards, Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Finally, Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Latest Golder Career Opportunities
- Proten International Limited Available Jobs
- The International Potato Center Job Vacancy
- Absa Bank New Employment Opportunity
- Teledata ICT Latest Job Opportunities
- Exciting Job Opportunity at Sightsavers
- M&G Pharmaceuticals Ltd Job Opportunity
- Cummins Inc New Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED