The Instructor will primarily be tasked with the overall delivery of course models and content to trainees of the Institute in accordance with the prescriptions of the national TVET bodies like COTVET and NVTI to ensure that the institute grows to become a preferred choice when it comes to vocational education and training. The Instructors will ensure continuous review of the curricula in line with national standards and recommend new courses based on scientific research. The Instructors will also make the conscious effort to link industry requirement/practice in the training to ensure that the trainees acquire respective industries’ experience and employment skills upon completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans organize and teach trainees in the English language
- Prepares expanded scheme of work and teaches trainees lessons prepared
- Conducts practical and oral test for trainees at the end of every module taught
- Supervise trainees’ projects and assignments
- Completes the attendance register daily and appropriately
- Maintains up-to-date Continues Assessment Register/Book
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned
Qualifications for the 3 areas of specialization;
Welding Instructor – Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech – Mechanical option) or HND Mechanical Engineering (Welding option) or National Craftsman Certificate or Advanced Craft Certificate. Must have NVTI Certificate 2 in Welding.
General Electrical Instructor – Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech – Electrical) or HND Electrical Electronics or EET Part 3. Must have NVTI Certificate 2 in General Electrical Installations.
Plumbing Instructor – Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech – Civil Engineering Fluid option) or Advance Craft Certificate in Plumbing. Must have NVTI Certificate 2 in Plumbing.
- Must have at least 5 years of professional working experience in a similar role with a strong practical experience
- Must be able to develop course content and deliver same to trainees
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a smaller community and semi-urban environment
- Must have experience in building networks among different partners and organizations
- Must be a motivated team player with an ability to do independent work, must be organized systematic, proactive, detailed and goal-oriented
- Must be able to grasp complex issues
- Excellent knowledge in ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent knowledge in the TVET sector
- Fluent in the English language as well as any Akan language
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application letters, certificates, and CVs to the address below:
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem
Email: [email protected]
Hand-delivered to the Newmont Information Offices in the Newmont Akyem Project Area.
Closing Date for submission of applications: 14th August 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED