Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Job Vacancy Available
About Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor.
POSITION: Grants Officer, West Africa At Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
ABOUT THE JOB
The Grant Officer will report to the Associate Director of Grants and Contracts. He/she will work closely with Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone country offices to support their awards portfolios throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Provide guidance to West Africa staff and country offices on grants and subawards compliance issues related to US Government and sponsor rules and regulations, as well as IPA’s policies.
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staffers as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management procedures.
- Ensure post-award management in accordance with relevant regulations, including but not limited to reporting, audits, etc. in accordance with USAID and Program directives, policies, and procedures.
- Support the evaluation of grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grant management procedures.
- Liaise with subgrantees and relevant IPA teams to complete due diligence checks, negotiate subgrant agreements, and process amendments.
- Review grants and subaward expenditures and other financial analyses on a monthly/ quarterly basis as required.
- Supports the design and implementation of IPA grants database systems, workflow processes, and procedures related to procurement and subawards.
- Ensures sponsor prior approvals and other grants management record-keeping is filed and complete.
- Assists with financial inquiries and preparation for annual audit review
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five years’ experience working in a grants/contracts, sponsored research, or finance department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance or any related field.
- Knowledge of typical grant award/contractual documents such as grant agreements, subcontracts, modifications
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Written and spoken proficiency in French and English is a must
- Understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFR, and US government regulations
- Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development, and forecasting
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, including MS Office
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written communication) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on technical work and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail, and excellent time management
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus/added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 30 , 2022
IPA is committed to hiring from a diverse pool of candidates, from a range of backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, and perspectives. We know that this makes our work stronger and more responsive to the challenges faced by those we work with and for and we encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
For more job opportunities, CLICK HERE
- Ghana Statistical Service 2022 permanent jobs across all 16 regions
- African Union Exciting Job Opportunities
- APPLY NOW || National Youth Volunteers Programme
- FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Ghana Water Company Limited Job Opportunities
- Ministry of Trade and Industry GEPA agency recruitment
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research jobs
- International Water Management Institute jobs for field Researchers
- NGC KARIDA Agrosciences Ltd Job Recruitment
- Permanent Job Recruitment Opportunities At DVLA
- GIZ Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- FARA Jobs For Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers
- Marie Stopes International Ghana Job Opportunity
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED