Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position for Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Assistant (27 positions) in the following sub-districts below.
Successful candidates are REQUIRED to be based in the assigned sub-districts. Qualified candidates residing in the selected sub-districts above will have an advantage. Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 5 months and report to the District Operations Coordinator and IEC Manager
|Bunkpurugu-Napkanduri||Nakpanduri, Binde and Bunkpurugu|
|East Mamprusi||Gambaga, Langbensi, Sakogu, Nagboo and Gbintiri|
|Gushegu||Gushegu, Galwei and Nabuli|
|Karaga||Karaga, Sandua/Zandua and Pishigu|
|Kumbungu||Kumbungu and Dalun|
|Mamprugu-Moagduri||Kubori and Yizesi|
|Tatale Sanguli||Tatale, Tatindo and Kandin-Sheini|
|West Mamprusi||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga|
|Yunyoo- Nasuan||Nasuan and Yunyoo|
Responsibilities of the IEC Assistant
- Manage and coordinate IEC activities in the assigned sub-district to increase acceptance of IRS
- Spearhead the mobilization of ALL communities in the sub-district to ensure households are prepared for spraying and beneficiaries fully support IRS.
- Coordinate closely daily IEC and mobilization activities with the Site Manager of assigned sub-district/ operations site and District Operations Coordinator (DOC)
- Liaise with community leadership, GHS officials, District Assembly staff and communication agencies for assistance with community mobilization and IRS sensitization efforts
- Lead implementation of communication strategies and community-based outreach programs in ALL communities in the assigned sub-district BEFORE the spray campaign.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of IEC Mobilizers in the sub-district during the implementation of IRS.
- Facilitate trainings for IEC Mobilizers
- Provide weekly reports on completed activities to the DOC and IEC Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DOC and IEC Manager.
Requirements for the IEC Assistant position
- Minimum of a Diploma in community development studies, communication or relevant field with at least two (2) years relevant working experience.
- Additional training in participatory approaches and community mobilization is preferable.
- VERY GOOD knowledge and understanding of the geographical layout (especially of the chosen sub-district) is key to this position.
- Previous experience working with communities and their leadership, sensitizing and mobilizing communities is essential to this role.
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more of northern Ghanaian languages (Mampruli, Dagbani, Moar, Basare and Likpakpaln dialects) is required.
- Previous work on IRS activities will be an advantage.
- Being a native/ resident in any of the sub-districts will be an advantage.
- MUST be able to ride a motorcycle and MUST HAVE a valid motorcycle driver’s license.
How To Apply
Select two sub-districts where you wish to be considered and state them in your application letter. Application letters without TWO specific sub-districts stated will not be considered.
To apply, submit an application letter and CV, address to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale, using one of the instructions below:
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
- Submit application to the security guards at the district or sub-district office of the PMI VectorLink Project in the aforementioned sites/ sub-districts.
- Email application to the following address: [email protected]
- Please indicate the position and preferred sub-districts in the subject line of the email. Emails without this information will not be considered.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY 5:00PM December 15, 2020
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED