Alinea Foundation, a new NGO in northern Ghana, is looking for an Industry Relations Coordinator for its Global Affairs Canada funded project, WEE-North – Empowering Women in Non-Traditional Trades for the Northern Economy.
The goal of the project is to enhance the status of women in Northern Ghana by training and empowering young women to participate in industrial trades that are essential for growth sectors of the economy.
WEE-North works with TVET institutions located in the five northern regions, communities in their catchment areas, and with surrounding industries.
The Industry Relations Coordinator liaises with industry partners, their nearby TVETs and surrounding communities to:
- Assess relevance of TVET training to industry needs, i.e., “training to employment”.
- Track TVET needs to be met by industry partners.
- Engage industry in local TVET training activities.
- Organize job fairs.
- Facilitate and monitor attachments, internships, and employment opportunities.
- Organize gender-sensitivity training for industry management and workers.
Assess and monitor industrial health and safety environments (HSE) and levels of gender-sensitivity.
The Industry Relations Coordinator also solicits donations and support – both cash and in-kind – for extending the reach and depth of project interventions, particularly in the sourcing of consumables for training.
Reporting to the Field Manager, and working in close collaboration with the programme team, the Industry Relations Coordinator is responsible for the following.
- Provides support for planning, implementation, and analysis of training activities to create avenues of apprenticeship or employment for project beneficiaries.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a relationship of trust between industry partners and the project with the aim of aligning their human resource needs with the project’s strategy to empower women through training in industrial trades.
- Coordinates and participates in corporate engagement activities, promotes dialogue and information exchanges, particularly in light of issues that affect partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Facilitates activities, as necessary, to promote gender-sensitive work environments.
- Liaises with industry partners to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives and ensures that partners’ needs are met as the project evolves – this involves writing proposals, agreements, and MOUs.
- Creates opportunities to obtain in-kind and cash contributions and additional support by leveraging project-supported interventions such as entrepreneurship hubs and related activities.
- Contributes to the project’s reporting, both to funders, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures appropriate representation of the program at donor, partner, and government meetings that could lead to resource acquisition and collaboration.
- On an ongoing basis, analyze risks and opportunities.
- Support learning initiatives and data interpretation processes for the utilization of findings in annual reports, communications, and project design
- Support annual work planning and reporting.
- Other duties assigned by Field Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with international development projects, including business development, resource mobilization, or fundraising.
- University degree in Business or Economics or equivalent combination of relevant educational qualifications (tertiary level) and professional experience, i.e., business development experience with an entrepreneurial mindset
- People-centered orientation with excellent interpersonal skills appropriate for context and assignment
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to Gender Equality, and the promotion of measures for gender equity in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a fast-moving team, willingness to contribute at different levels required to achieve success, self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Strong strategic analysis, organizational skills, detail orientation, and timeliness of performance
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, and Internet search capacity
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest (maximum one page) outlining how their qualities are aligned to the position.
Emails should be sent to email@example.com
Not later than July 20, 2021.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED