Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023-24 for Ghanaians
The Public Affairs Section of U.S. Mission Ghana is happy to announce the yearly call for applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the academic year 2023/2024.
The Fulbright-Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program develops leadership in foreign professionals who work together to solve local and global problems and improve society.
This developing global network discusses best practices and creates expertise in vital collaborative topics like law and human rights, public health, particularly infectious diseases, climate change, and public policy through academic study and professional development with U.S. peers.
The program fosters long-term, mutually beneficial relationships between Americans and Ghanaian professionals by exposing future leaders and policymakers to U.S. higher education, society, culture, and professional organizations.
The mid-career, non-degree Humphrey Fellowship develops leadership and professional skills.
The Humphrey Program also encourages Fellows and Americans to learn about shared issues.
Examining English Language Proficiency and TOEFL
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) will be needed for all Humphrey finalist candidates. Only the finalists who have been contacted will have the examination fee covered by the program. Once a candidate has been selected as a finalist, they are next needed to sit the exam. Before, during, and after the application process, all applicants are urged to prepare for the TOEFL exam. For this program, TOEFL scores of 80 or higher are regarded as competitive. Visit our EducationUSA Center or online for available study aids and materials.
English language instruction is given to nominees with lower TOEFL scores in an effort to engage with candidates from non-elite communities, rural areas, minority groups, and other groups who may be good candidates but lack the essential language abilities. Before the Humphrey Fellowship academic year begins, candidates may be required to participate in an English training program in the United States to prepare Fellows.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO SEARCH, APPLY, AND WIN MULTIPLE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD
What makes a candidate competitive:
- High motivation and a real commitment to finish the program and go back to Ghana to use what they’ve learned at their home institution or other institutions there.
- Professional forms that are well-written
- Applicants with little or no experience in the United States are given more attention.
- Candidates who have never been given a Fulbright scholar grant before will have an advantage.
- People from groups that aren’t well-represented are urged to apply. This includes minorities, people with disabilities, and other candidates who are at a disadvantage, such as members of underserved and underrepresented groups and geographic areas, women, and people who haven’t been abroad much before. People with disabilities can ask for fair accommodations.
Please write “Request for Reasonable Accommodation – HHF 2024” in the subject line of your email to us at AccraExchange@state.gov.
Who does not qualify?
- Recent college graduates with bachelor’s degrees (even if they have important jobs)
- University professors or academic experts who don’t have to run anything
- People who went to a graduate school in the U.S. for at least one academic year in the seven years before August 2024
- People who have lived in the U.S. for more than six months in any capacity in the five years before August 2024.
- People who have dual U.S. citizenship or are U.S. permanent residents and are not qualified for a J visa.
VIETNAMESE STUDENT PROGRAM AY 2024-2025
FIELDS OF STUDY
Here are some fields of study that are in line with U.S. foreign policy and the goals of Mission Ghana. Even though the U.S. Embassy will look at all applications, they are especially interested in applications in the following areas:
1 . Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
2 . Rights and Freedoms:
- Communications and Journalism
- Law and Human Rights
3 . Sustainable Lands:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
4 . Thriving Communities:
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention (see 4b)
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
HUBERT H. HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2023–2024 (CROATIA)
The Humphrey Fellowship pays for:
- foreign travel,
- College tuition and fees,
- insurance for accidents and illness,
- a monthly stipend for living expenses,
- and money for books and professional activities.
However, the Humphrey Program does not help pay for people who live with the participant.
APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey has the application and directions.
Those who want to apply should go to the website, enter their email address, and make a password. Please remember this password, as it will be used throughout the application process. People who want to apply are also told to read the directions that come before the application. Make sure there are no mistakes in language or spelling. Do not plagiarize. Do not use capital letters or “ALL CAPS” when filling out the application or writing the needed essays. The only time this is okay is when typing acronyms.
- Goals and a Program Plan
- Recommendation Letters
- Transcripts and diplomas
TIP: Write your application in a Word document first, and then upload it to the online form. Don’t forget that your application is your “paper interview.”
Extra Advice for a Good Application:
- Say what you mean in clear, direct words.
- Explain how your hobbies and goals relate to current trends and challenges in Ghana and how you’ll use what you’ve learned when you get back.
- Proofread your work and ask someone else to proofread it and give you feedback (grammar and spelling problems will look bad).
- Do not plagiarize
CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
The application deadline is June 1, 2023.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED