HOW TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON ANDROID
Auto updates can really get on your nerves, however, it is also very important to update your all and software. From time to time, new updates are released for Android, and not updating it may cause issues like the malfunctioning of your apps or phone. Despite these, keeping automatic updates on can ruin your battery health. It is thus, advised that you turn it off. Below is how to turn off automatic updates on your Android off.
TURNING OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES YOUR ANDROID PHONE
To begin, let’s consider how to turn off automatic updates for your operating system (OS). You can follow these procedures or instructions outlined below to stop your Android phone from Auto updating its Operating system.
- First, toggle through the apps on your phone and locate the quick settings menu. You can also use the search bar to search for the settings menu. Also, you can scroll down to the top edge of your screen where the status bar is, and select the quick settings menu.
- Secondly, Since every Android phone has a different interface, the location of “Software Update” will be different. However, you can simply type software update on the search bar. You can also scroll down. Better still, you can scroll down to the later part of the options available on the settings menu.
- After locating and tapping on the “software update “, you will see options where you either want to download and install updates or another option that has to do with Automatic Updates. If it is on, deselect it to stop your phone from automatically updating its OS.
Furthermore, let’s consider the apps downloaded on your Android phone. App Developers are fond of updating their app with new features. Hence, you will have to be updating your apps from time to time to get and enjoy the latest version of that app. If you have automatic updates turned on, then you end up draining your battery and your Internet data.
Below is an instructional guide on how to stop automatic updates for apps on the Google play store.
- First, locate the Google Play store app and launch it. (Note that you can’t turn off automatic updates of apps unless you go to the settings menu of the app from which you downloaded those apps).
- Afterward, locate the menu icon which can be found on the search bar where Gmail account initial has been body written. Tap on it and scroll down on the list of options available tap on “settings”.
- Next, a drop-down menu of settings options will pop up. Note that, the options have been grouped: General, Network Preference, Authentication, Family, and About. Tap on the option “ Network preferences”
- Finally on the options in “Network Preference “ tap on Auto-Update apps and select “Don’t auto-update apps” on the drop-down options that pop up.
By turning automatic updates off, it means you have to consistently check up if there are updates for your OS or apps and download them at your own convenience. It is also advised to restart your phone after every update to ensure that the new features function correctly. You can also make your own schedule for updating your apps.
Also, CLICK HERE FOR MORE TECH NEWS:
- WhatsApp New Features: Increase Group Limit, Bigger File Size Limit
- Is social media good for my kids?
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK FOR FREE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED