HOW TO FIX A CORRUPTED SD CARD ON ANDROID WITHOUT A COMPUTER
The SD Card serves different useful purposes. One of such purposes is used as expanded storage for your mobile device. An SD Card can store all sorts of files, but most especially photos or videos.
Although it is useful, it is susceptible to being corrupted. Once your SD card gets corrupted it becomes unreadable on your device and any other device. Here is how to know if your SD card is corrupted and how to fix it.
WHAT IDENTIFIES YOUR SD CARD AS CORRUPT
Your SD card is said to be corrupted if the memory is inaccessible due to technical damages. You can identify a corrupted card by the following.
- Files on the SD card are not readable. Your device is not recognizing your SD card.
- You realize some or all of your files/photos are missing.
- Your device throws up an error while trying to open a file from the SD card.
- Error messages like “check your SD card before inserting it”.
- The phone operating system becomes extremely slow when opening a file from the SD card.
- Having knowledge of how a corrupted card behaves is the first step to having it fixed.
HOW TO FIX A CORRUPTED SD CARD
METHOD 1: PUT THE CORRUPTED SD CARD IN ANOTHER DEVICE
This method is a very simple way of fixing a corrupt SD card. This is more or less like a hit and trial method and that could solve your device’s malfunctioning. To do this, you have to take it out from your device and put it on any other device. The device could be a camera, mobile phone, laptop, or anything at all. If it works on those devices, it means that the card is not a match for your device. Back up your files on a PC and insert the card in your phone again and restart your phone
METHOD 2 FORMATTING THE CORRUPTED SD CARD
If the first method does not solve your problem, you can try this. Your card can be formatted if your phone is able to read it. Formatting your SD card means that you will lose everything you have on it. Therefore, you need to back up your files on a different device.
Here is how to format your card
- Firstly, Go to Settings on your android.
- Secondly, Scroll to the storage tab and select SD
- Thirdly, You will see a format SD card option. Tap on it
- Also, Click on Erase and format option.
- Lastly, Once it is formatted open your file manager and see if it is functioning.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CARD FROM CORRUPTION
- Make backups
- Remove the SD card safely from your device
- Replace bad cards to reduce the risk of losing your data.
- Taking care of your memory card reduces the rate at which it will be corrupted.
Also, CLICK HERE FOR MORE TECH NEWS:
- WhatsApp New Features: Increase Group Limit, Bigger File Size Limit
- Is social media good for my kids?
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK FOR FREE
- HOW TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON ANDROID
- HOW TO CHECK BATTERY HEALTH ON ANDROID
- HOW TO CREATE A LOCKED FOLDER IN GOOGLE PHOTOS
- HOW TO DISPLAY A CLOCK ON YOUR ANDROID LOCK SCREEN
- HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF YOUR APPS ON ANDROID
- How to receive instant email message alerts on your phone
- HOW TO FIX A CORRUPTED SD CARD ON ANDROID WITHOUT A COMPUTER
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED