HOW TO CREATE A LOCKED FOLDER IN GOOGLE PHOTOS.
Having your private and personal photos away from your general gallery is a great option to have.
Google photos is a very useful app if you want to back up your pictures and keep it away from prying eyes. It also has a locked folder feature.
Fortunately, it is not just for users who use the Pixel phone. The company is rolling out the feature to other android devices. For those interested in setting up their own locked folder, check out these steps below.
PROCEDURE TO SET UP A LOCKED FOLDER IN GOOGLE PHOTOS
- Download the Google Photos if you don’t have it on your phone already.
- Sign in to your Google account
- Go to the library and tap.
- Click on Utilities
- Click on the Set up Locked folder if you have not set it up before. You may receive a prompt.
- Next, fill the folder with photos or screenshot you will like to keep safe. Remember that a pin will be required of you anytime you want to have access to it.
You can close the app or back out of the Locked Folder to protect the photos you’ve saved there. To access your locked photo folder in the future, just follow the first three steps above.
You can also move your file to the regular Google photos by opening the locked folder, then you choose the items you want to transfer, then clicking on move.
If you want to permanently erase the file from your phone, you can choose the Delete option on the screen.
HOW TO SAVE DIRECTLY TO YOUR LOCKED FOLDER
There are other options for saving your files on a locked folder besides moving them from your gallery manually. If you don’t want to jeopardize your files getting backed up to Google Photos before moving them out manually, you can store them directly in this folder when you take a picture/video.
If you want to take save your photo in the locked folder, tap the icon at the top right corner of your camera and choose the locked file. Once you take the picture, it automatically saves it in the password-secured area.
Note that, the contents of your locked folder are not backed up to your Google account, hence, it cannot be accessed from other phones or computers.
Also if you reset your Pixel phone or clear the Google Photos app, you will lose all your files.
To back up your Photos on Google photos, launch the app, click on a menu, then tap on settings then back up and sync, and finally, you switch the backup feature on.
Also, CLICK HERE FOR MORE TECH NEWS:
- WhatsApp New Features: Increase Group Limit, Bigger File Size Limit
- Is social media good for my kids?
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM FACEBOOK FOR FREE
- HOW TO TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON ANDROID
- HOW TO CHECK BATTERY HEALTH ON ANDROID
- HOW TO CREATE A LOCKED FOLDER IN GOOGLE PHOTOS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED