How Bad Is It Really to Mix Caffeine and Alcohol?
Caffeine is an alkaloid, found naturally in tea and coffee plants and acts as a mild stimulant on the central nervous system. It can make you feel energetic and alert. Alcohol is any of a class of organic compounds such as ethanol containing a hydroxyl functional group.
It is a depressant that can make you feel sleepy or less alert than usual. When you mix a stimulant with a depressant, the stimulant masks the effects of the depressant. The mixture will make you feel more alert and energetic than you normally would while drinking.
When you suppress alcohol’s full effects, you have a higher risk of drinking more than you usually would. This increases your risk of driving while intoxicated, alcohol poisoning, as well as injury.
Alcohol and caffeine are both diuretics, that is they make you urinate more. Due to this, dehydration will be a concern when mixing caffeine and alcohol. Studies show that when you take the mixture, the caffeine hides the negative effects of alcohol.
They affect the body by also messing with your sleep pattern. This may also affect your heart and the chemicals in your brain that regulates sleep. The intake of this mixture as noted earlier causes dehydration and some common symptoms include; feeling thirsty, having a dry mouth, passing dark urine, and feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
Irrespective of this, you will have to watch your alcohol intake as it can lead to a nasty hangover at best and alcohol poisoning at worst.
EFFECTS OF THE MIXTURE
These mixtures mask the alcohol’s effects, which can lead to dangerous over-drinking. When mixing alcohol with caffeine, you are less likely to feel the effects alcohol has on your body. Since there are no standard volumes used in mixing caffeine and alcohol, it is hard to determine what is safe and what has bad effects.
- Mixing caffeine and alcohol raises your blood pressure, which increases your risk for stroke, heart attack, and other heart-related diseases.
- Another side effect of mixing alcohol and caffeine is that it can cause an irregular heartbeat. People with heart conditions should avoid combining the two.
Caffeine can mask the effects of alcohol. This makes you feel more alert or capable than you actually are. This can lead to the risk of consuming more alcohol than normal. In the end, you engage in dangerous behaviors.
In all, it is best to avoid mixing alcohol and caffeine.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED