How Bad Is It Really to Drink Coffee in the Afternoon?
Coffee is one of the world’s most popular beverages that contains a stimulant called caffeine. Mornings and coffee go together hand in hand. Starting your day with a cup of coffee is a natural habit for many people.
While a cup of coffee in the morning can boost your energy, taking some cups of coffee in the afternoon comes with a price to pay later in the day. Read on to know the effects of drinking coffee in the afternoon.
EFFECTS OF DRINKING COFFEE IN THE AFTERNOON
- It takes longer for you to fall asleep. The caffeine in coffee promotes wakefulness and causes problems with sleeping. The stimulant in the coffee can last 3 to 5 hours depending on the individual’s body type. This extends the amount of time it takes to fall asleep. To avoid this disruptive effect on sleep, it is advised that you take your beverage 6 hours before your bedtime.
- You may have a restless night. When you take coffee in the afternoon or close to your bedtime, it keeps you jittery and you keep tossing in bed. This reduces the hours of sleep you can have at night and it can affect your output the next day.
- It disrupts the body’s natural rhythm. Because of the caffeine present in coffee, the caffeine stimulates your mind and keeps you awake for a long while disrupting the number of hours of sleep that you need. This disruption changes your sleep or wake-up pattern. If it continues for a long time, it could lead to some health issues like high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes, or depression.
- You may have to use the washroom often. Caffeine has a diuretic effect which causes you to use the washroom often regardless of when you take it. This means that taking it in the afternoon will keep you up at night. Having your sleep interrupted is not healthy for your daily functioning. It can also impair your cognitive performance during the day.
- Again, it may worsen your sweating at night. Night sweating is normally associated with some factors such as anxiety, menopause, or taking some medication but taking coffee midday can also contribute to your sweating at night. If the sweating becomes frequent consult with a doctor to see if there is an underlying condition.
- Last but not least, it causes you to eat late at night or overeat. Because caffeine is a suppressant, it prevents you from eating too much and later causes you to eat ravenously.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED