About the job
- Role Title: Hosting Programs Manager
- Role type: Program Management
- Annual Pay: GHS 47,664.00 (gross)
- Duration: 2 years (option for renewal)
- Reports to: Head of Programs and Stakeholder Engagement
About AFS Intercultural Exchange Programs, Ghana
In Ghana, AFS is registered as Intercultural Exchange Programs, Ghana or AFS IEP Ghana. For over fifty years, AFS IEP Ghana has provided intercultural learning opportunities to countless host families and volunteers across the length and breadth of Ghana.
AFS IEP Ghana partners with corporations, foundations, and governments around the world with an emphasis on ensuring that more people from diverse and underserved communities participate in and benefit from educational exchange programs and international education initiatives.
AFS is seeking a Hosting Program Manager for our Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ programs to oversee all aspects of the hosting program in Ghana. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious professional to help manage and delivery quality program content for our partners.
We are looking for someone who will bring energy and determination to the role, nurture existing relationships, support the development of new ones, and help grow a core part of our program portfolio.
- Weltwärts Hosting Program
This features young people from Germany that get involved in development policy and charitable projects in Ghana as volunteers. We currently host about 21 participants from Germany on this program annually. The volunteers that come to Ghana are supported with host families or in an accommodation provided by the deployment site.
- YES Abroad program
U.S. citizen high school students and recent graduates (age 15-18.5) live and study for an academic year in select countries with significant Muslim populations through full scholarships from the U.S. Department of State’s Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Abroad program. We currently host 5 students in Ghana annually.
- AFS High School exchange programs
We currently host between 15 -35 students on this program annually. The AFS Flagship High School exchange provides students the opportunity to study at a high school in Ghana, during an academic year, semester or trimester.
- AFS Global You virtual programs
AFS provides two virtual programs that are high-impact, educational, fun, and truly global based on decades of expertise in the field. These programs (The Global You Adventurer and Changemaker) build personal and professional changemaker mindsets and skills in teens.
- Global Up programs (GCC offers)
The AFS Global Competence Certificate (GCC) is a blended learning program that develops tangible global skills essential to living, work and making a real social impact around the world.
Program development, management, evaluation, and reporting
- Work with Partner Director and Head of Programs and Stakeholder Engagement and to develop effective program management plans for the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs in Ghana.
- Assistance with managing the program operations for our sponsored programs with AFS GER and AFS USA, including program planning, communications, promotion, selection, and execution, among other responsibilities.
- Management of student and volunteer applications and files in our CRM system (Salesforce) and on GL.
- Communication with key stakeholders via email, phone and WhatsApp, including, but not limited to, finalising student and volunteer hosting program content in Ghana.
- Working closely with AFS organizations participating in these sponsored programs, namely Germany and the USA.
- Creation and implementation of annual hosting plan the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ programs. Hosting programs including budgeting and activity planning.
- Deliver the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ programs portfolio to budget, time and quality standards, ensuring logistical efficiency of programme
- Manage all core program management plans and documents ensuring they are completed and kept up to date by at all times.
- Responsibility for ensuring relevant program reports are completed on time to the quality standards expected.
- Support the internal governance of the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+programs by organizing meetings with relevant stakeholders and follow-up actions arising.
- Ensure the program learning journeys associated with students, host families and volunteers are properly utilized within the program timelines and the program outputs are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring effective management of program budgets are done to the standard expected including that budget items are not overspent and spend is done in accordance with the program activity and timelines
- Ensuring program-related procurement is conducted in accordance with established corporate policies and processes are appropriately documented and retained.
- Escalate major risks and issues with stakeholders to Head of Programs & Stakeholder Engagement.
- Monitor all program-related communication/ support cases in GL to ensure risks are minimized and any risks/issues identified within are escalated appropriately.
Stakeholder Engagement and AFS Organisational development
- Have responsibility for stakeholder satisfaction e.g., students, school patrons and host families, CPO’s , key government agencies and institutions
- Manage and coordinate activities of volunteers or contact persons responsible for Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs
- Active role in using SalesForce, Global link and Workplace to ensure AFS IEP Ghana relating to the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs information is up to date and all posts are responded to in a timely manner.
- Support Partner Director to develop and manage relationships with key government and private sector stakeholders, development organizations, funders, donors, and partners especially key Community Service Organisations relating to the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs
- Ensure the highest standards of customer care are applied to our audiences and participants at our events and on our programs and inquiries and requests for assistance via email, website, phone, and social media are acted on within 3 working days.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications intern to develop and disseminate case studies, reports, and impact stories for external and internal communication channels including digital and print media relating to the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the AFS IEP Ghana and AFS USA and AFS GER to share intelligence and opportunity that creates added benefit to program partners and contacts related to the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs
- Manage volunteers, interns, and contact persons to establish program-related performance management standards for the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ programs.
- Coach, Mentor and support new volunteers, interns, and contact persons that are working on the Sponsored, Year Program & 18+ hosting programs.
Education and experience
- First Degree or Post-graduate degree or Project Management Qualification
- Four years experience in Project Management
- Experience in working with donor/grant/ client funds Project Management in an international context
- Knowledge of the skills for employability discourse
- Ability to recognize and manage partnership opportunities and develop relationships for influence
We are looking for the following in the ideal candidate:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in managing programs at not-for-profit organizations, including experience leading project planning, recruitment campaigns, selection processes, program execution, evaluation, communications, report writing, etc. – the ideal candidate will have approximately five years of experience
- A resourceful go-getter quickly able to grasp AFS’s systems and operations, including database, application, website, social media, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity – we are a global organization and working at AFS means communicating across cultures on a daily basis
- Fluent in English with strong writing skills (short-listed candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample)
The following are additional skills, experience, and qualities of interest to us:
- AFS Alumni or volunteer
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information, and at times sharing workloads
- Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal, and other data from a number of sources;
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the organization;
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] using the title “Hosting Programs Manager”.
CLOSING DATE: The deadline to apply is Friday 10th December 2021.
Successful applicants will be invited for a phone/video interview and may be asked to submit a writing sample.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED