POSITON: HIV/AIDS program officer| Ghana | 2020
Chemonics seeks an HIV/AIDS program officer for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program based in Ghana. The project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will
- procure and provide health commodities,
- provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and
- collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The HIV/AIDS program officer will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Public Health Programs team lead and will provide technical support and liaise closely with the Western Regional Health Directorate (Ghana Health Service) and key stakeholders to ensure regional level HIV/AIDS commodity availability and security in Ghana. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to the Ghana Health Service (GHS) in regional forecasting of HIV/AIDS commodities and to prepare and regularly update regional supply plans
- Regularly report on the stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance as relates to HIV commodity in prioritized facilities in identified Districts
- Work with relevant stakeholders to facilitate the transition of clients from old (nevirapine based formulations) to the new regimen (TLD) as per updated ART guidelines
- To provide supply chain technical support for the implementation of multi-month dispensing of ARVs to identified clients in prioritized facilities
- Conduct monitoring and supportive supervision visits to prioritized facilities in targeted districts to provide supply chain on-job-training and monitor performance to ensure continuous commodity availability
- To provide technical assistance and logistical support to the MoH/GHS in HIV commodity distribution to ensure adequate stock to meet client needs
- Inform leadership of potential regional level short-term technical assistance needs as required
- Assist with preparing regional specific work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports and other related communications
- Provide technical support to the staff of ART sites in prioritized facilities to ensure the LMIS system used to promote timely and accurate reporting
- Support Regional Supply Chain Governance structures and Technical Working Groups with facility data analytics for improved regional level HIV supply chain decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, supply chain, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project will be an added advantage
- Experience building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
“Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by July 31, 2020. Please submit your CV and cover letter with the HIV/AIDS Program Officer” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. The finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED