Helios Towers is a leading independent telecommunications infrastructure company, having established one of Africa’s most extensive tower portfolios. It builds, owns, and operates telecom passive infrastructure, providing services to mobile network operators. Helios Towers currently operates in 5 markets in Africa and has also signed agreements relating to entry into 5 new markets in Africa, and Oman in the Middle East.
We are looking for a dynamic and hardworking Warehouse Officer to join the Ghana Team. This individual will oversee Helios Towers Ghana warehouses and manage logistics providers.
- Ensure that outputs from the whiteboard meetings are actioned, including space, resource, and material movement planning relating to warehouse management, and escalate outstanding issues to the relevant management level.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods at the warehouse, send copies of the packing list and/or PO and prepare the handling teams.
- Oversee the receipt of materials into the warehouse, ensuring that items delivered to the warehouse are receipted against a PO or MRO.
- Ensure that Material Receipt Order (MRO) is initiated for movement of goods from the warehouse and nothing is dispatched from the warehouse without an MRO.
- Ensure all stakeholders are aligned on the Returns Process and importance of receipt of returned materials against an MRO
- Monitor the quarantine area to ensure all returns are evaluated against the Material Evaluation Process.
- Update the Head of Supply Chain on any material requiring disposal as identified by the Material Evaluation Process or Asset Disposal Process every month.
- Monitor buffer stocks issued to Maintenance Partner (MP) and Build Partner (BP) and ensure that consumption is forwarded to Central Back Office (CBO) to be actioned.
- Work with the Operations department and MP and ensure that Buffer Stock levels are within approved quantities.
- Coordinate the monthly stock count process, advising all stakeholders of the count dates and closure of the warehouse within this period.
- Conduct initial reconciliation after the stock count and investigate variances between physical stock and quantity recorded in SAP.
- Keep track of all incoming shipments and follow up with suppliers or logistical services with regards to any damaged or missing items
- Work closely with Finance for the timely payment of customs Duties related to imported materials.
- Ensure all importations are carried out per Ghana’s laws and regulations to ensure HTG is protected from any potential penalties and liabilities.
- Ensure that HT recommendations related to the environment, safety, and health are followed in the daily management of the warehouses and propose mitigating solutions where appropriate
- Ensure that all cranes used in the warehouse have the required certification and crane operators are duly certified to operate the crane.
Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality
‘The employee shall at all times follow Helios Towers SHEQ Policies, Procedures, and Standards, and engage fully with all SHEQ requirements, expectations and campaigns that may apply to their role.’
Qualifications and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain (Logistics), Finance, or related fields.
- Knowledge is good clearing regulations and laws for disposal, importation, and all logistics fields
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Membership in a relevant professional body
- 5+ years in Logistics and warehouse management
- Corporate Governance in Supply Chain management
- Project delivery
- Clearing regulations and Laws for disposal and importation
- Budget management
- Inventory management
- Supply chain sourcing
- Vendor engagement and management
- Attention to detail
- change champion
- Analytical thinking
- Results orientated
- Planning and organizing
- Complex problem solving
- Time Management
- Prioritization of tasks and deliverables
How To Apply
CLOSING DATE : ONGOING
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED