Chemonics seeks a health systems financing expert for the anticipated European Investment Bank African Health Diagnostics Platform (AHDP) Technical Assistance opportunity which will work across Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, and additional countries in Francophone Africa to be identified. The project aims to strengthen public health systems to provide timely, cost-effective, and high-quality diagnostic testing services to low-income populations through the brokering and implementation of public-private partnerships. The health systems financing expert will focus on the facilitation and management of developing and brokering financing and partnership opportunities for diagnostic projects and resources in the target countries. This position is for a four-year assignment anticipated to begin in November 2020. It is expected that the expert will be primarily based on the target African countries with a degree of remote work in the United States or Europe. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the design and management of the appropriate financing and partnership model for each country, including the development of sustainable financing plans
- Facilitate and manage the negotiation of terms for developed financial and partnership structures
- Oversee adherence to relevant procurement, environmental, and social policies in the development of health investment projects and partnerships
- Engage with the private sector to both create awareness and assess their capacity to deliver a partnership under the AHDP
- Provide procurement support to partnership stakeholders
- Provide capacity building within the national government to ensure optimal partnership management and execution
- Monitor efficacy of designed finance structures in implementation, designing and implementing any corrective measures as required with both the government and the private partner to ensure a long-term sustainable project is put in place
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in health economics, health policy, health systems, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in health systems within the development context, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in preparation and implementation of investment projects including procurement and consideration of legal framework
- Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least three projects, one of which should be within the last three years
- Specific knowledge of Sub-Saharan African healthcare markets and public sector work practices and culture
- Demonstrated direct negotiation experience with Sub-Saharan African ministries of Finance and Health
- Experience building and executing financial and partnership structures
- Experience in health investment project preparation and implementation requirements, including adherence to relevant guidelines and legislation such a procurement, environmental, and social policies
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English, working-level knowledge of French
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Health Systems Financing Expert in the subject line to [email protected]
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
September 11, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED