- Company: Dredge Masters Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
DML is a market leader in dredging and has a sizable presence in Marine and Civil Construction. Dredging services cover urban dredging and environmental dredging, dredging of dams, rivers and lagoons, maintenance dredging of ports and harbors.
Marine construction activities involve beach nourishments, coastal defense and other coastal protection measures.
The company is also active in urban drainage and drain construction.
Dredge Masters Limited (DML) is an ISO certified company with certification in Quality ISO 9001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015 standards.
DML is known for quality and high operational excellence and adheres to sustainable development goals (SDG’s). DML is seeking to fill the position of:
JOB TITLE: Project Health and Safety Manager
- Location: Accra
- Posted on: July 19, 2021
- Closing Date: August 6, 2021
With a good leadership experience and the ability to influence people to get safety initiatives off the ground. One with good ethics and technical skills and is goal oriented to help the organization achieve its safety goals.
REPORT TO: Managing Director
- Develop, manage and implement the HSE strategies for dredging projects
- Implements, maintains and responsible for continual improvement of DML IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Responsible for ensuring the effective achievement of Project Health & Safety Objectives and subsequent KPI’s
- Manage Health & Safety compliance (legal and client’s requirement) and implement industry best practices.
- Responsible for the auditing of Health & Safety processes and operational projects
- Responsible for the proactive HSE support during tender processes.
- Responsible for the implementation of behavior based safety culture on the project
- Responsible for the management of HSE process for subcontractors, suppliers and service providers.
- Coach and develop project management team on HSE related matters and confirm project site fulfills industry best practices, national guidelines and regulations and implement risk controls on the project.
- Guarantees that all work is performed in accordance with approved ISO manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and best engineering practices.
- Provides technical support to project managers.
- Participates in team meetings and provides regular on-site project presence.
- Good verbal and written reporting skills.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Health & Safety, Engineering or related discipline.
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Safety is an added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Health and Safety Manager in preferably urban dredging, inland dredging, marine construction and Dams.
- Have proven work experience both dredging projects and corporate managerial level.
- Have strong background in Integrated management systems (set-up and implementation).
- Have thorough knowledge of relevant Health & Safety standards (such as ISO 45001)
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body such (IOSH, GHISEP, IIRSM)
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- EPC industry experience
- Familiarity with project and department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of project controls
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Multi-tasking ability
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills
- Goal-driven leader with strong people management and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Comfort with time reporting systems and technical reporting skills
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE :
On or before 6th August, 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED