Old Mutual has been operating in Ghana since 2013, having acquired a majority stake in Old Mutual. One year later, the business has fully rebranded and is now operating as Old Mutual Life Assurance Company (Ghana) Limited.
Old Mutual Ghana is part of the Old Mutual Group which provides life assurance, asset management, banking, and general insurance to more than 16 million customers in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Originating in South Africa in 1845, Old Mutual has been listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchange, among others.
ABOUT THE JOB
This role is responsible for ensuring that the Retail Distribution channel is managed effectively against agreed key performance indicators. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through other managers and their teams, over a period of 3 months to 1 year.
- Accountable for the overall delivery of the Retail Distribution Channel
- Develops and takes accountability for a Retail Mass Business/Target Operating Model which is aligned to the OMG strategy.
- Ensure that implementations of the Retail Mass are managed effectively against agreed key performance indicators, according to agreed project management principles, and in line with OM strategy and governance.
- Aligning the respective value propositions to maximize market share.
- Provide ongoing support and updates to established Retail Mass operations across OMG, as required.
- Develops overall distribution growth strategy and sets aggressive performance targets for the different channels that result in increased sales and reduced operating losses.
- Ensures that a clear operational plan exists for aggressively driving the sales delivery of OMG Retail.
- Creates a sustainable channel economic model that incorporates the regulatory framework and is based on delivering products that are relevant to customer needs and competitive in the marketplace.
- Manages the pipeline of talent across Retail channels so as to maximize the people capability and transform the business.
- To operate as an effective member of the Executive Management Team.
- Manages sales support processes to ensure branch profitability & to meet business targets over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Manages area budget.
- Manages sales processes to ensure branch profitability & to meet business targets.
- Identifies potential new markets & opens up the markets with the assistance of the Sales Manager.
- Develops local market & resource plan for area.
- Monitors area results.
- Stakeholder Management
- Responsible for external relationship management with key stakeholders.
- Individually accountable for staff time, tasks, and output quality, over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Plans & assigns work over periods of 3 months to a year.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
Educational Qualifications & Relevant Work Experience
- Relevant Degree in a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience
- Have demonstrable experience in developing sound processes to support sales
Chartered Insurer designation is a Mandatory requirement for this role
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED