Title: Visual Communications Designer
Type of contract: Consultant
NOTE: This role is being re-advertised. For those who have already applied, you do not need to submit another application.
Purpose of the Role
The HCD Exchange Visual Communications Designer (VCD) joins the team to support the shaping and creation of information architecture to express the HCD Exchange’s learning work into visually compelling, digestible and accessible learning products.
They will work closely with the Learning, Community and Communications teams; to build learning products that meet the needs and desires of the different persona groups in the HCD Exchange Community of Practice.
The VCD will help achieve the objective of curating and generating evidence on HCD+ASRH by creating “global public goods” that are easily accessible, understandable and can be utilized by the community to enhance learning.
The Consultant will also support development and design of graphic templates for social media, learning products, presentations and any other public facing documents as well as wireframes for a refreshed website.
In addition, the Consultant will ensure that there is consistency in our style (graphic design approach) and adhere to the HCD Exchange style guide for uniformity across all of our products and channels.
Key activities and deliverables
- Work proactively to identify the best ways to parse and package already determined learning products and future learning content for community use
- Develop a work plan outlining key tasks over the consultancy period with guidance from the Learning, Community, and Communications Leads.
- This work plan will outline the format and delivery process of learning products.
- Formats could be reports, infographics, web pages (wireframes that will be executed by a Web Developer), etc.
- Create bespoke graphics and images required for each of the learning products
- Delivery of a bank of customized, brand guided graphics and images that will be used in current and future learning products
- Develop templates for communications needs (website, social media, learning products, reports, etc.) for easy replication across external and internal communications products
Delivery of a bank of templates for:
- Social media (events, announcements, profile features, holidays, etc.)
- Website (blogs, static web pages, dynamic pages, etc.)
- Learning products (icons, graphs, text boxes, tables, graphics, photographs, etc.)
- Work alongside the Communications Specialist and WordPress Developer to design UI/UX wireframes for the redesigned HCD Exchange website.
- Delivery of proposed wireframes and design mockups, as needed, for review and approval by the HCD Exchange team.
- Create the templates, systems, and infrastructure for a uniformed look throughout documents produced in the organization.
- Delivery of templates for each type of organizational document. Each template will have two or three ways to present one type of information.
- Delivery of guides on how to use the templates.
- Contribute to an updated brand style guide.
- Delivery of document that outlines new brand style elements that the Designer has created or changes that may have been made to already existing elements. These will be added to the already existing style guide.
The Visual Communications designer will work under the direction and supervision of the Senior Community Manager (based in Kenya who will be the consultant’s focal point-person, overseeing the consultant’s work over the period of engagement.
This role will require the person to maintain clear and open communication with all team members throughout the process of design and development of these products listed above in the key activities and deliverables sections, with frequent checkpoints throughout for capturing and executing on feedback.
The designer will work closely with the Learning Lead (based in Kenya), Monitoring and Evaluation Lead (based in Kenya), Communications Specialist (based in Ghana), and Youth Engagement Officer (based in India).
- Five or more years experience in an in-house creative department or design firm
- Advanced experience with Adobe Suite
- Ability to create templates on Adobe Suite Sketch/Figma/Canva
- Critical and creative mind with specific attention to visual details
- Ability to take and executive on feedback throughout the creative and development process
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time across multiple activities, and willingness to work with teammates from different time zones
- Previous work within the global health space is a plus
Duration of the Assignment
The period of this consultancy assignment will be spread over October 2021 to January 2022. Upon selection, the exact number of consultancy days will be determined based on the work plan that will be developed in consultation with the community, communication and learning leads.
To apply, fill the form below and submit your CV, a portfolio of your previous work and a cover letter. Please add your rate card to the cover letter as an appendix. Firms can also submit an expression of interest inclusive of a financial proposal and a technical proposal.
The application deadline is 5pm EAT on October 3, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The selected vendor/firm will have a meeting with the team to agree on the deliverables.
- Given that this is a re-advertised position, a representative from the HCDExchange team will reach out to anyone who has already submitted an application to ask for their rate card.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED