- Company: Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Hapag-Lloyd Region Middle East is looking for a Procurement Manager in Ghana, who will be reporting to the Senior Manager Service Procurement.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Lead Sourcing activities during tenders and contract renewals
- Effectively seeks out most qualified vendors and supports in the selection of the most cost effective distribution of vendors to benefit both customer service levels and companies bottom line.
- Apply Procurement processes and tools for the selection of vendors in line with Hapag-Lloyd Global Procurement Guideline
- Observe TCO / TVO ( Total cost of ownership / Total value of Owner ship )
- Ensure Hapag-Lloyd Code of Conduct and Compliance Policies are followed during procurement responsibilities
- Responsible for the Contract Signing and Administrative activities in accordance to the RME/Global procedures and guideline.
- Responsible for ensuring new Suppliers are on boarded and contracted rates are updated by QSC in timely manner
- Responsible for monthly Cost and Saving by ensuring accuracy in the CCM and other Cost/Savings Reports in coordination with RME Contract Manager and RME Controlling
- Responsible for actualization of savings initiatives through effective coordination and flowshare monitoring with Area and QSC Ops
- Support other procurement related activities in the region.
- Category Strategy: Develop category strategies and playbooks from both geographical and supplier segmentation aspects. Provision of input and local expert knowledge into the Hapag-Lloyd procurement strategy as well as into the development of tools and methods for the global organization. Maintain regular contact with relevant interfaces to gather and provide information and ensure information exchange with relevant internal and external interfaces.
- Cost optimization: Secure best in class costs for the procured services and goods on a TCO-basis (Total Cost). Ensure highly competitive pricing and low-risk contracts. Monitoring of the most relevant factor costs influencing the purchasing volume in order to secure highly transparent cost developments in the markets.
- Tendering: Develop negotiation plans, strategies and execute sourcing projects and contract renewals. Preparation, negotiation and conclusion of rate agreements and frame contracts based on cross-functional input and in alignment with the Area, Region and/or HQ-functions (if applicable) prior to commencing tender/contract renewals
- Supplier selection and supplier management: Selection of most competitive suppliers based on quality and cost parameters in alignment with the requirements of the cross-functions and in alignment with the Area, Region and/or HQ-functions (if applicable). Evaluation and development of supplier performance in order to secure the provision of high performance service. Perform risk management for the supplier base and markets in order to secure sustainable performance. Management of contracts post sourcing in order to maximize contractual values and mitigate risks.
- Controlling and Reporting: Ensure high transparency and correct reporting on all levels including FCs and budgeting exercises. Document, measure and report savings and cost increases based on the KPI methodology of the company. Follow Four-Eye principle for contractual savings validation via Regional Controlling and ensure approval given via relevant functional L4/L3, prior to finalizing and concluding tenders/contracts. Monthly monitoring of Tender Flow Share assignment to approved vendors and taking corrective measure when deviations occur.
- Methods, processes, systems and governance: Roll out of methods, tools and systems within the Areas provided by and according to regulations of Global Procurement and Region Procurement. Drive e-procurement implementation and digital solutions to modernize the procurement function. Implementation and monitoring of all relevant legal requirements. Act as a point of escalation relating to contractual dispute and issue resolution. Manage day-to-day contractual/supplier risk and opportunity assessment.
- Implement contracts as per HL Global boiler plates
- Liaise with suppliers and internal stakeholders; Legal, CIRM, Tax, Operations and other relevant stakeholders for any deviations to the boilerplate.
- On conclusion of contract discussions, ensure contracts are signed, sent out to suppliers and liaise with RME Contract Manager for the storage and upload of contracts into ZYCUS / Shared Folder.
- On board new suppliers in accordance to the Area / RME / Global Compliance requirements.
- Send finalized rates to QSC and Area for rate update in systems.
- Follow up on any rate related queries, disputes and escalate where required
Costs and Savings Reporting:
- Review monthly Cost and Savings reports, follow up on deviations to planned Costs / Savings with relevant stakeholders and escalate to Procurement Managers where required
- Review monthly Flow share reports, follow up on deviations with relevant stakeholders and escalate to Procurement Managers where required.
- Oversee and monitor contractual compliance by both parties (Hapag Lloyd and suppliers)
- Oversee and monitor cost development versus contract spend expectation
- Ensure the Hapag Lloyd’s Sourcing Steps are followed in all sourcing projects
- Manage and review contract performance regularly and ensure targets are on track
- Facilitate root cause analysis for non-performing contracts
- Drive savings through sourcing initiatives, optimizing operational behaviors and opportunity assessment
- Drive continuous improvement
- Create overall awareness about contracts and ensure internal stakeholders understand relevant contractual terms and conditions
- Ensure relevant systems are timely and completely maintained
Support to Senior Manager Procurement – On non-sourcing projects and activities
Key Performance Measurements:
- Contribution to overall procurement function capability improvement and cost reduction
- Tender and Contract compliance management
- Adherence to Procurement Policies and Guidelines
- Supplier Performance & Development
- Support to other operations functions in relation to suppliers as well as behavioral cost management and reduction
- Independent worker with high attention to detail. Process oriented person who is able to get things done in a timely manner working with and through cross functions.
- Able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and likes a fast-paced environment.
- Responds positively and actively to challenges and pressure, ensuring details are handled quickly and accurately to achieve the desired results
- Proficiency in French and Portuguese would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in working with Terminals, Depots, Transporters and other container shipping related suppliers in West Africa is preferred
Interested candidates with relevant experience may send their CVs to [email protected]
Closing Date: 28th December 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED