Hapag-Lloyd has a container capacity of approximately 3 million TEU – including one of the largest and most modern fleets of reefer containers. A total of 129 liner services worldwide ensure fast and reliable connections between more than 600 ports on all the continents. Hapag-Lloyd is one of the leading operators in the Transatlantic, Middle East, Latin America, and Intra-America trades.
POSITION: Senior Manager HR, Area West Africa
Hapag-Lloyd Area West Africa is looking for a Senior Manager HR in Ghana, who will be reporting to the Managing Director.
Overall Responsibility :
- To perform Human Resources related duties including the administration of Company policies, programs, and practices, as well as ensuring employee relations, employment equity programs for the Company.
- As a Senior Manager, the incumbent in this position assists the MD with strategic direction and contributes to the business-wide strategy.
- He / She is responsible for providing employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving complex, escalated complaints or disputes.
- He / She will assist both internal and external customers in resolving complex issues requiring broad knowledge across functions.
- He/ She will be responsible for the set-up of the people-related strategy and activities across the Area West Africa and will support the expansion of the Area.
- Manage overall HR & Admin financial aspect and Budget headcount control
- Administer and supervise applications of policies and regulations / local laws
- Manage/execute various projects, as required (i.e. Salary reviews, old Bonus schemes, Employee Handbook, new structure, selection of new office/s, staff placements and relocations, etc..)
- Manage all disputes and conflict issues that may arise from existing staff, departing staff, vendors, suppliers, and others; within an acceptable legal framework and existing collective bargaining agreements
- Provide advisory and consultancy role and serve as a reference point for Management/countries, staff & other offices.
- Manage Training and development within the training Budget.
- Manage the annual performance appraisal process.
- Manage manpower & recruitment.
- Manage & execute monthly Payroll for the Area West Africa and ensure Area payroll compliance.
- Manage the exit process including end of service calculations.
- Oversee HR & Admin staff across the Area.
- Provide reports as required to Regional HR, and work in collaboration with MD to ensure an HR structure in the Area is aligned with the Region Middle East.
- Act as key contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
- Act as a performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management.
- Act as a change agent and promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Build a strong business relationship with the internal client.
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks
Experience and Qualification:
- 8-10 years experience in HR matters on the operational level, with at least 5+ years in a managerial or leadership position
- Experience working in a large matrix organization
- Degree in HR business administration or an equivalent qualification
- HR certification is an asset
- French/ Portuguese speaking candidates are preferred
- Structured and analytical
- Strong communication skills & confidence to drive change
- Very good presentation skills
- Proactive and self-driven individual
- Maturity to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the labor laws & people practices across Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates with relevant experience may send their CVs to [email protected] and mention the job title in the subject line while sending the email application.
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
- Job Vacancy At GRO Oilfield Alliance Ghana
- IOM Latest Employment Opportunity
- Investment Management Company Latest Job Vacancy Available
- Holy Child College Of Education Invites Job Applications
- Office Of The Senior Presidential Advisor Invites Job Applications
- FHI 360 New Job Vacancies Available
- Exciting Employment Opportunities at Educational Institution
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED