Hapag-Lloyd has a container capacity of approximately 3 million TEU – including one of the largest and most modern fleets of reefer containers. A total of 129 liner services worldwide ensure fast and reliable connections between more than 600 ports on all the continents. Hapag-Lloyd is one of the leading operators in the Transatlantic, Middle East, Latin America, and Intra-America trades.
POSITION: Senior Manager HR, Area West Africa
Hapag-Lloyd Area West Africa is looking for a Senior Manager HR in Ghana, who will be reporting to the Managing Director.
Overall Responsibility :
- To perform Human Resources related duties including the administration of Company policies, programs, and practices, as well as ensuring employee relations, employment equity programs for the Company.
- As a Senior Manager, the incumbent in this position assists the MD with strategic direction and contributes to the business-wide strategy.
- He / She is responsible for providing employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving complex, escalated complaints or disputes.
- He / She will assist both internal and external customers in resolving complex issues requiring broad knowledge across functions.
- He/ She will be responsible for the set-up of the people-related strategy and activities across the Area West Africa and will support the expansion of the Area.
- Manage overall HR & Admin financial aspect and Budget headcount control
- Administer and supervise applications of policies and regulations / local laws
- Manage/execute various projects, as required (i.e. Salary reviews, old Bonus schemes, Employee Handbook, new structure, selection of new office/s, staff placements and relocations, etc..)
- Manage all disputes and conflict issues that may arise from existing staff, departing staff, vendors, suppliers, and others; within an acceptable legal framework and existing collective bargaining agreements
- Provide advisory and consultancy role and serve as a reference point for Management/countries, staff & other offices.
- Manage Training and development within the training Budget.
- Manage the annual performance appraisal process.
- Manage manpower & recruitment.
- Manage & execute monthly Payroll for the Area West Africa and ensure Area payroll compliance.
- Manage the exit process including end of service calculations.
- Oversee HR & Admin staff across the Area.
- Provide reports as required to Regional HR, and work in collaboration with MD to ensure an HR structure in the Area is aligned with the Region Middle East.
- Act as key contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
- Act as a performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management.
- Act as a change agent and promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Build a strong business relationship with the internal client.
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks
Experience and Qualification:
- 8-10 years experience in HR matters on the operational level, with at least 5+ years in a managerial or leadership position
- Experience working in a large matrix organization
- Degree in HR business administration or an equivalent qualification
- HR certification is an asset
- French/ Portuguese speaking candidates are preferred
- Structured and analytical
- Strong communication skills & confidence to drive change
- Very good presentation skills
- Proactive and self-driven individual
- Maturity to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the labor laws & people practices across Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates with relevant experience may send their CVs to RMECAREERS@hlag.com and mention the job title in the subject line while sending the email application.
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
- Job Vacancy At GRO Oilfield Alliance Ghana
- IOM Latest Employment Opportunity
- Investment Management Company Latest Job Vacancy Available
- Holy Child College Of Education Invites Job Applications
- Office Of The Senior Presidential Advisor Invites Job Applications
- FHI 360 New Job Vacancies Available
- Exciting Employment Opportunities at Educational Institution
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED