Hair Stylist needed at Kempinski Hotel
The Hair Stylist ensures to take 100% responsibility to exceed the guests’ expectations in accordance with Resense’ spa vision, core values and all related brand standards, procedures and policies.
- Provide a truly memorable experience with the highest level of comfort and service, creating a genuine, welcoming, inspiring & safe salon environment for allguests.
- Perform hair care services including cutting, styling, blow drying, hair colouring and permanent waving, conditioning treatments, formal evening designs i.e.wedding.
- Perform hair care services including cutting, styling, blowdrying, hair colouring and permanent waving, conditioning treatments, formal evening designs i.e.wedding
- To listen, consult with guests and members that accommodatetheir needs and achieve their goals.
- Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, including spa concierges, stylists, therapists & attendants to ensure a seamless experience for theguests.
- Fully support the Spa Manager & Assistant SpaManager
- To set an example at all times of the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance for the rest of the spa team.
- Be very knowledgeable of all treatments, services and operations of the spa & salon including barberservices.
- Understand and implement all Resense Standard Operating Procedures &Policies.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness ismaintained throughout the facility at all times. Communicate and work effectively with the entire spa team, to ensure a seamless experience for the guests.
- Proactively educate clients regarding haircare.
- Promote / upsell hair care, skin care, and make up items to guests as requested which includes; making personal recommendations and softly “upselling” theclient.
- Adhere to correct payment processes andpolicies.
- Clean work area after each service has been performed. Sweeping cut hair up, wiping workstation and mirror clean. Perform general shop duties.
- Maintain supplies needed at station. Advise salon managerof designate item needing to be purchased.
- Unpacking and neatly storing hair, nail and skin care itemsneeded in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assist in the co-ordination of salon services with other spa programmes.
- Serve as catalyst to promote salon services to members and hotel guests.
- Maintain current professionallicenses.
- To supervise and conduct the safety of users and equipment in the salon and receive training to ensure that all relevant legislation pertaining to the Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene standards are implemented and monitored within thesalon.
- Work with the Salon Manager in the formulation of plansfor projects and other areas.
- Ensure individual is well versed in all aspects of the spa’s operations. i.e. Business telephone usage, guest relations, spa services (massage, scrub, facial, etc.), retailsales
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments asrequired:
- Fitness, Front Desk/Receptions, Boutique, Sales and Marketing
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Five (5) years’ experience in an international standard hair Salon
- Ladies and Gentlemen’s HairdressingCertification
- Any additional hair salon skills welcomed
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Adherence to Standard Operating ProceduresManual.
- To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the Salon.
- To maintain accurate as required by provincial regulations.
- To attend weekly/monthly salon departmental communication meetings.
- Hair Cutting Skills – Ladies – Gentlemen –Children
- All colour and Perming techniques, HairExtensions
- Willing to work shift hours including weekends
- Articulate verbal and written communication (English), Self-motivated,exceptional interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and empathetic, sales oriented, Professional presentation
MODE OF APPLICATION
UNPOSTING DATE: ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED