Guinness Ghana’s performance ambition is to become the most trusted and respected CPG; our “must dos” set out where we strive to win in order to achieve this aspiration. Within Supply Chain this translates into goals that strive to deliver world class performance at the best cost, drive value through exceptional service and enable new growth opportunities.
To enable this, an above-the-market Centre of Excellence has been established to perform key functional areas within PLAN, spanning over all Diageo’s markets in Africa, leveraging a central pool of expertise that ensures standard and effective practices across countries.
Purpose of Role
The Materials scheduler in the Plan COE is responsible for scheduling the materials supply in to the local operations. It is locally based reporting to the Scheduling Team lead.
Working closely with the Long term material planners, suppliers, procurement and site operations the role sustains and strengthens effective communication between the CoE and key collaborators in the markets, including Supply Chain Directors, Production and Materials Scheduling, as well as with Suppliers and 3rd Parties.
This role must be capable of performing root cause and trend analysis for critical case volume and inventory valuation data.
Manage the local Materials Scheduling process
- Ensure continuous replenishment of raw materials for the brewing and packaging process at supply locations in scope.
- Manage the local purchase order/scheduling agreement process to ensure MRP signal is accurate and purchase orders are in place to facilitate material receipt and supplier payment.
- Ensure efficient communication between Material planning team in COE, local Production Scheduling, local operations and Procurement teams
- Communicate to appropriate stakeholders any risks to short and medium term schedule material for in scope production locations.
- Support process improvement through interpretation of performance analytics.
- Ensure an ongoing tracking of relevant materials supply chain metrics.
- Perform root cause and trend analysis on issues relating to material supply and supplier performance.
Drive Standardisation And Automation Of Systems And Processes
- Ensure local Material scheduling systems and processes in place are aligned to global supply planning codification strategy and standards.
- Ensure effective ways of working with Data, CoE and local production/technical teams to ensure BOM accuracy.
- Ensure that all master data pertaining to MRP (e.g., BOMs, recipes, lead-times, batch sizes etc) is maintained in the appropriate information systems (e.g. SAP, ECC6, APO).
- Implement/contribute to process improvements across the wider CoE.
Skills And Capabilities
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Knowledge of MPS/MRP and DRP methodology
- Experience in distribution / warehousing / scheduling
- Understanding and experience in plant operations.
- Experience within supply chain optimisation platforms (ERP / master data, time-phased replenishment planning systems).
- Detailed understanding of end to end supply chain operational processes within Diageo e.g. DRP, MPS, inventory, conversion, logistics and customer service.
- Influencing and team member engagement skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Customer centric mind set.
- High degree of quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS applications e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- +5 years in Material planning and/or procurement experience in CPG (Materials Management, Materials Planning)
- Additionally, some wider cross functional experience and beverage materials categories preferable. E.g. procurement, packaging, raw materials.
- Significant line management experience required.
- Experience with sophisticated planning software with Supply Planning (SAP APO would be an advantage).
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate supply chain, engineering, or business degree.
- APICS CPIM / CSCP or equivalent desirable.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to lead the efforts to develop effective material replenishment plans considering each market’s individual circumstances.
- Inability to coordinate or prioritise activities, or to manage market and CoE’s collaborators expectations.
- Lack of credibility with CoE Leadership and country partners (Site Managers, Supply Chain Directors).
- Lack of effective and clear interpersonal skills
- Inability to think in the future to anticipate problems and risks
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements
Role is part of the Planning Centre of Excellence function.
It’s anticipated that some travel (20%) will be required to attend industry events, facilitate workshops and build key relationships with teams in countries
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25th March. 2022
- Ministry of Health March 2022 recruitment
- The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Job Vacancy
- Hapag-Lloyd AG Latest Job Vacancy
- Align Technology’s latest job vacancies
- Standard Chartered Bank Invites Job Applications
- APPLY|| Full-Time Employment At Fan Milk
- UNICEF New Job Opening
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES in Quality Assurance / Production Department
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED