- Company: Guinness
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
Purpose of the role
- Work at the tier 1 & 2 to deliver Asset Care functional expertise across the area/site and lead the shift Asset Care Technicians and support the day based asset care support team to resolve complex equipment problems
- Actively lead and sponsor capex and innovation activity at site level
- Lead and advocate good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment).
- Continuous Improvement – accountable for specialist improvement activity
- Provide high levels of specialist support to the operations teams.
- Proactively lead on performance analysis that drives improvement actions that address adverse performance trends.
- Lead the MMS Asset Care deployment within the Asset Care within areas of responsibility.
- Work with Operating Equipment Manufacturers to drive faster problem solving and greater plant availability
- Support in delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
Entry level requirements – skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in automation or electrical/electronicengineering.
- At least 5 years supervisory experience in electrical/electronic or automation of a factory preferably FMCG
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate/diploma in Spirits/Beer Packaging)/Brewing)
Very Essential Experience:
- Solid understanding of PLC, computer programming and software development, Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests, Creative thinking skills
- Ability to Design and implement automated systems for use in diverse manufacturing and production environment
- Experience with Steam and CO2 boilers, Refrigeration plants, air compressors ,gas compressors, brewing and packaging equipment will be an advantage.
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of plant in area
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manex
- Expert knowledge of RCPS, 5S, Set Up Time Reduction, Autonomous Maintenance
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- Project Management skills & experience
- Track record of maintenance management – KPI improvement, planning effectiveness and adherence, CI
- Good working knowledge of Environmental legislation and standards
- Best in class people management practices
- Commercial understanding of production & supply chain management. Financially aware – Capex, R&M
- Deep knowledge of ME, packaging, lean methodologies, process control, RCM
- SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality systems
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards and compliance to maintenance regulatory standards at all times.
- Lead the deployment of the MMS Asset Care practices in the shift asset care teams and within the support team
- Lead and support site automation team to ensure maximum equipment availability for all plants
- Ensure the asset care team execute all scheduled specialist improvement activity.
- Attend daily asset care review meetings, and take appropriate action to provide support to course correct non conformance
- Continuously drive for next level of performance through review of Autonomous Maintenance, Asset Care and Focussed Improvement.
- Ensure effective management of spare parts
- Take responsibility for the asset care budget and ensure most cost-effective solutions are executed
- Develop team morale, recognise great performance and take timely action to address under performance where necessary
- Role model and coach team in the use of problem-solving tools
- Apply specialist knowledge to lead improvement projects using DMAIC methodology
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to raise, discuss and follow up on persistent performance issues to root cause problem solving and effective control
- Lead collaborative discussions between leadership and key stakeholders to determine automation capabilities and goals
- Create detailed road maps to guide automation projects from conception to final implementation
- Support existing automation technology with component and process upgrades
Excellence in Supply Chain
- Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPI’s and Tier Review Meeting Structure
- Has a proven track record in adherence to Core Process and Standards
- Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches’ others to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
- Proactively leverages the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.
- Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast-moving world
- Inspire through Purpose – Amplify our purpose internally and externally
- Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping Diageo’s future ambition
- Invest in Talent – Harness the full extent of Diageo’s talent and diversity
Method of Application
Closing Date : 2 March. 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED