- Position: QHSE Officer
- Location: Takoradi, Ghana
- Employment type: Full time – performance review after
- Rotation period: * (if the position is intended for offshore): Mon – Friday / 8am – 5pm
Start date: 03/01/2022
This position is responsible for ensuring all operational departments comply with company’s stated QHSE management standards, policies, and procedures.
The key quality management focus is to ensure that products and services delivered to clients are compliant with our policies and stated standards.
The key OH&S management focus is on ensuring that all company activities are carried out safely and in accordance with our standards and procedures.
- Promote and encourage the use of safe working practices as per company guidelines
- Investigate and report on root cause analysis and findings in the case of non-conformities, accidents and/or near misses
- Lead and coordinate induction and training for new starters and refresher training as appropriate
- Implement new/modified procedures and policies in line with company QHSE standards
- Monitoring of HSE training matrix to ensure personnel complete online training modules assigned to them.
- Assisting company operational personnel in completing documentation required by the OH&S management system including Job Hazard Analysis, Tool box talks, accident/incident reporting forms, inspection records, and other necessary documents.
- Attending client work sites to carry out inspection checks of our operations to ensure compliance to required work standards and documentation.
- Act as the focal point in accident/incident investigations ensuring compliance to relevant procedures and liaise with the QHSE Coordinator on the report & findings.
- Carry out inspections of company field activity at own and customer locations, ensuring reports and findings are processed in accordance with relevant GEV procedures.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly checks are conducted accordingly.
Required experience, skills and qualities:
- ·An understanding of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) / ISO 14001:2015 (EMS) / ISO 45001:2018 (H&S)
- Sound problem solving ability to understand, analyse, articulate, structure, and solve company personnel needs relating to OH&S issues.
- Ability to elaborate clear and concise action/status reports in a professional manner.
- Collaborative, confident, reliable, and approachable personality with good team spirit
- Mature sense of organization and planning.
- Effective communicator at all levels within the organization and build solid relationships.
- Keen sense of customer service is key to liaise with clients with regard to ensuring client OH&S requirements are communicated and achieved.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to identify hazards, risk assess and implement controls
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and often to tight deadlines as an individual and as part of a team Professional at all times and maintain confidentiality
Required qualification and certification:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a QHSE related role
- First aid certification
- NEBOSH or alternative HSE certification would be an advantage
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume (in English) and copies of University Degrees to: email@example.com and indicate for which job position you are applying.
Closing Date: 10th December 2021
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE