GREECE CITIZENSHIP – HOW TO BECOME A CITIZEN OF GREECE
The concept of jus sanguinis serves as the foundation for Greek nationality law. Greek nationality can be obtained either by naturalization or descent. Dual citizenship is allowed under Greek law. Greek nationals have the same privileges as other EU members because they are citizens of the EU.
HOW TO GET GREECE CITIZENSHIP
When it comes to getting citizenship as a foreigner, Greece has a wide range several You have a number of ways to obtain Greece citizenship, including:
- First and foremost, citizenship by descent
- Also, citizenship by marriage
- Moreover, citizenship by naturalization
- Additionally, citizenship by military service
- Last but not least, citizenship through investment
GREECE CITIZENSHIP BY DESCENT
At birth, a child of a Greek citizen immediately receives Greek nationality. The same holds for kids born in Greece if parents have resided there legally and continuously for 5 years.
Also, after completing elementary school, children born abroad whose parents have resided legally and continuously in Greece for 5 years become Greek citizens.
Additionally, Greeks who were born abroad are allowed to pass on their citizenship indefinitely from one generation to the next.
GREECE CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION
Greek foreigners who are not of Greek ancestry:
- First and foremost, may present their declaration to the Greek consul in their place of residence, who then sends it together with a pertinent report to the interior ministry.
- Before the declaration, the immigrant, also, must have resided in Greece for 7 years.
- Additionally, they must file a naturalization application to the Interior Ministry.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GREECE CITIZENSHIP
To obtain Czech citizenship, you must apply to the Interior Ministry. Additionally, candidates must appear in person for the citizenship interview.
DOES THE GREECE PERMIT DUAL CITIZENSHIP?
Yes! Greek legislation allows for dual citizenship. The acquisition of second citizenship by a Greek citizen does not result in the loss of Greek citizenship unless renunciation is requested by Art.
BENEFITS OF GREECE CITIZENSHIP
Citizens of Greece are entitled to:
- First and foremost, visa-free travel to 186 nations.
- Also, it has all the advantages of a passport issued by the European Union, so you can travel, work, and study in most European nations for as long as you like with it.
- Additionally, all elections involving the EU are also open to you.
CAN I LOSE MY CITIZENSHIP IN GREECE?
Greek citizens who get another nationality rarely lose their Greek citizenship unless they want to or unless something very unusual happens.
Visit NewsNowGh to enhance your research and discover more about citizenship.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED