Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for UNOPS Recruitment 2020.
The UNOPS Information and Communication Technology (ICT) unit is focused innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs. Working with UNOPS ICT is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world – making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ICT’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS ICT unit is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers and Developers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
|In 2018, UNOPS initiated a digital shift from Microsoft based products to Google Suite. Starting in January 2020, the entire organization has operated a progressive shift to G-suite. The main G-suite features used by UNOPS are Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets/Slides, Forms, Google+/Currents, Chat, Meet and Data Studio.
We are looking for a Google Apps Script developer, with experience in web development related to Google Suite to provide technical solutions in order to facilitate the transition and adaptation from Microsoft to Google Suite. The developer will work with various business units on a variety of business needs.
To excel in this position, you should demonstrate a service-minded approach, possess good communication skills, good IT understanding, have the ability to learn, and be a good team player.
Under the supervision of the Enterprise Architect, Software, and in close coordination with the rest of the ICT team, your functions, among others, will be:
1. Develop business applications
2. Perform technical review and testing of code for business applications
3. Embed relevant knowledge management and innovation within the ICT Development function
- Contribute ideas, concerns and suggested approaches during technical design sessions with other ICT developers.
- Contribute to the specification of applications, ensuring high graphical and UX standards are met and brand consistency is adhered to as specified by the ICT Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team.
- Contribute through evidence-based opinions during UX design sessions with other developers and provide feedback to the ICT Enterprise Architecture and Platforms team on established design standards.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and where appropriate, advocate for their consideration.
- Advocate for the development of new, innovative concepts that could be implemented in addition to or as a replacement for existing solutions.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum 1 year of Google Apps Script experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with building G Suite Add ons for Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Strong experience in web development and experience using various types of web APIs.
- Experience with source control (GIT) and the ability to think and work structured with regards to best-practise version handling and deployment strategies.
- Strong knowledge of Google G Suite APIs is required (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Admin, Gmail, Directory, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with other GCP APIs is highly desired.
- Proficient in advanced use of G Suite products (Docs, Slides, Forms and especially Google Sheets)
- Experience with SQL and data queries in general is required.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment where you are the subject matter expert
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with minimal direction and oversight.
- Good understanding of authentication- and authorization protocols and flows (SAML, IAM, Identity Platform, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Service Account- and key management, etc.) is desired.
- Understanding of Big Query and Data Studio, including corresponding API is highly beneficial.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED